Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daily Rune

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 2:46 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
I've decided I need to try to pull a rune at least every few days, if not every day.  So I'm going to start doing that and posting it here, as well as on my MySpace blog and my CafeMom journal.

Today's Rune:
Eihwaz - Defense/Avertive Powers-Yew Tree

Excerpts of the definition from the Book Of Runes:
As we are tested we find the power to avert blockage and defeat.  At the same time, we develop in ourselves an aversion to the conduct that creates stress in our lives.
This Rune speaks to the difficulties that arise at the beginning of new life.  Often it announces a time of watiing - for a spring to fill up with water, for fruit to ripen on the bough.
Avert anticipated difficulties through right action, this Rune is saying.  For even more than we are doers, we are deciders.  And once the decision is clear, the doing becomes effortless.
As the wood of the yew tree becomes the bow of the Spiritual Warrior, so the obstacle on your path can become the gateway to a new life unfolding.
Set your house in order, tend to business, be clear, and wait on the Will of Heaven.

and now My thoughts:
I find this to be especially intriguing in my life right now.  There are a lot of things going on around me, some of them I'm involved in, some not.  But I have a tendency to be impatient.  I want things to be finished so I can see the end result NOW.  I want my cake before I have even put it into the oven, you know?  I want so badly to just speed up the process and get this item off my plate so I can do other things too.

Let me know what you think, or what your reading on this Rune might be

emily
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)