Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elements

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 2:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 332 Total Views
ok my next door neighbor was telling me that everyone has an element that is stronger than all the rest within that person, and  she said she noticed that mine was Wind/Air does anyone know what this means or can explain better to me how the elements work?
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myrrh
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 8:31 PM
Might I suggest that you sit for a moment and think about any associations you make with the Air/Wind element. What does it make YOU think of? Images? Qualities? Colors? Seasons? Animals? Sounds?

amylynn91403
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 12:07 AM
it always makes me feel happy and at peace, and if i am angry i tend to have storms surrounding me. colors wise when i am happy i feel light and airy, like light blue or maybe a silvery grey, when i am u[set i tend to think(feel) darker colors as in deep dark blues and like slate and charcoal greys. 

i love nature and would rather be in the forest than anywhere else, i always feel at peace when i am camping, i always have. I love the deep bright greens in the air. 

i don't think of animals, or anythign else i mostly feel in color, i don't know if that makes sense, it doensn't really make sense to me, it's the only thing that feels right to say though when i think about it
Emyann
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2007 at 2:47 AM

Now I want to go dig out my books.  LOL   Thanks!

Some people asign elements to a person's astrology sign.   I'm a virgo,  virgo is an earth sign.     People born in an earth sign tend to all have certine traits alike.  Being grounded, "down to earth" stability, practicality.

Virgo, Taurus, Capricorns are earth signsGemini, Libra, Aquarius, are Air signs. The Fire Signs are Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. The Water Signs are Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces.

I'm not sure if your an air sign but air sign traits might be what he sees in you and what he's talking about.
Air signs tend to be intelligent, communicative, sociable, versatile and unpredictable,"have their head in the clouds"  . Imagintive and quick-witted, they tend to also be quick physicaly, don't like to just sit for long in one spot.

amylynn91403
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 11:11 AM
well i'm on the cusp of tuarus and aries, my bday is april 20th, but i do have ADD lol, and i am alot of what you descirbed for air.
Liz_24
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2007 at 11:18 AM
I don't really know what this means, but this reminds me of Memoirs of a Geisha. She was supposed to have a lot of water. Maybe it refers to your sign? Are you an Aquarius, Gemini or Libra?
amylynn91403
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 11:56 AM
nope I'm a Taurus/Aries, I'm right on the Cusp my bday is april 20th
myrrh
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 12:17 PM
Yes, the elements have many associations are found in many religious paths, astrology, tarot, and magic.

NORTH is commonly associated with EARTH, WINTER, and PENTACLES. Think: midnight, new moon, black, the Unseen, the intellect, caves, the North Star, crystals, salt, gems, mysteries, chill/cold.

EAST is commonly associated with AIR, SPRING, and SWORDS. Think: dawn, waxing moon, new beginnings, birds & insects, sounds & scents, cleansing, pastels, blues & purples, clouds, enlightenment.

SOUTH is commonly associated with FIRE, SUMMER and WANDS. Think: high noon, full moon, full sun, light, electricity, transformations, anger/passion, sexuality, magic, bright yellows, oranges, & reds, flame & heat.

WEST is commonly associated with WATER, AUTUMN, and CUPS. Think: sunset, twilight, waning moon, shells, dolphins, blues & greys, rain/dew, blood, amniotic fluid, marriage/family matters, juices & wine.

**** PLEASE NOTE: There is nothing written in stone here! If a symbol doesn't intuitively work for you, throw it out! add your own! 
myrrh
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 12:28 PM
I should also add that in some traditions, there is a fifth element called CENTER and it can represent our spirituality. Think: goddess within; maiden-mother-crone; white & purple; subconscious; inner eye & intuition; between the worlds; child-within; cauldron; communing with nature.

amylynn91403
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 1:16 PM
this is probably untrue now that i have read what you wrote myrrh, but i had heard that no one was truly Earth because of it's neutrality, i have heard of Center before as spirit though. again i'm not very knowledgeable about anything here, i'm a beginner in everything. how do you find your personal element? is it something that you just feel intuitively?
myrrh
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 7:04 PM
I most strongly identify with North. I was born in January (Capricorn), so I think astrology must influence my sense that this is "my element."

Do we pick our element or does it pick us? I'm not sure - probably either way. One thing i like most about being a solitary practitioner is that i discover things intuitively by "doing my own thing" but supplement intellectually to see what is commonly accepted or historically true. But in the end, I utilize the symbols and interpretations that are most meaningful to me; they are truly the most powerful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)