Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for some friends to get me motivated

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 281 Total Views

I have never been a very good housekeeper, but this is the worst my house has ever been.  In April of 2008 I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.  I had the priviledge of staying home with him for the first 16 months of his life, but because of financial reasons I returned to work in August 2009.  I am a second grade school teacher.  After taking care of the baby and doing my school work it seems that there is no time left for my house work.  I used flylady in the past, but have gotten away from it.  I committed today to start again.  I am starting with day one in the baby steps.  Shine your sink.  I am looking for some Cafe Mom friends that will keep me accountable to follow the plan each day. 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mama2alex04
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I'm also looking for someone to keep me accountable with the flylady missions. I am a sahm with a 5yo ds in kindergarten and a 21 month old ds.  My DH helps but he is now in a job where he travels more so I need to get on top of routines so the house doesn't drown in CHAOS.

SarahBethK
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Sure, as long as you reciprocate! We can keep each other on target... maybe this group should have a "daily Task" or something... don't you think?

queenmom777
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Quoting SarahBethK:

Sure, as long as you reciprocate! We can keep each other on target... maybe this group should have a "daily Task" or something... don't you think?

I think a daily tasks would be a good idea.  I am starting with babystep 1 today.  Shine your sink.

mnms0802
by Member on Jan. 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM

so how is everyone doing with their motivation???

I could use some myself- it's hard sometimes, but ya just gotta do it and get it over with.

Just seeing how everyone is doing with their cleaning/organizing challenges!

Mary H.

Proud USAF Wife of Patrick, Mom to Nicole, Patrick Jr, Thomas and Daniel

SarahBethK
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I just cleaned my fridge out. It was BAD. It's seriously been months since I cleaned it last. But I cleaned it !!!! YAY me!

queenmom777
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2010 at 10:13 AM

I was up really late cleaning because I found out I would be having company today.  This why I should NEVER let my house get so out of control.  Even with all the cleaning it still looked cluttered.

NICNLV
by on Mar. 3, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Did you ever "Buddy Up"? I need one too! I want to do daily "quick cleans" and challenges! Message me if you are interested!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)