Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to control emotional eating?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 514 Total Views
Any one? I need help doing it :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherinmichael
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

THE biggest thing that stopped me from emotional eating is working out. Since I started in February, I have not emotionally eaten one single time. I think that has happened because I can control my anxiety and depression with exercise. The more I exercise, the better I feel. You have to find a way to handle what makes you emotionally eat in the first place, to stop doing it. Go for a walk, do yoga, meditate, chew gum, something healthy that takes place of gourging when you are feeling bad.

I stopped looking at losing weight as a diet and as a lifestyle change. Then, that coupled with exercise made me realize the 2 minutes I was eating 15 servings of m&ms was not worth the guilt and everything else I would feel when I am done eating it.  Exercise also stopped me from ruining all my hard work by eating a bunch of junk. 

Anyways-my best advice is to find what causes you to turn to food in the first place and find ways to steer away from food. If I can do it, anyone can.

MixedCooke
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

L GLUTAMINE controls carb cravings

RELORA--controls emotional eating

MamaCandy79
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:28 AM
3 moms liked this

the best way I stopped emotional eating,was surrendering my weight loss,my eating habits to God,I know that might sound crazy,but it is a personal choice for me.I have lost 36lbs in a year,and I know losing weight is an emotional journey.

KimmyPoo
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Not crazy @all. :)

Quoting MamaCandy79:

the best way I stopped emotional eating,was surrendering my weight loss,my eating habits to God,I know that might sound crazy,but it is a personal choice for me.I have lost 36lbs in a year,and I know losing weight is an emotional journey.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I keep a food journal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dontchawishuknu
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

ME TOO!....the last two years have been terribly difficult...and after six years of maintaining a successful weight loss, I have found myself turning to food for comfort.....and regaining.

MixedCooke
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:41 AM

RELORA

DDDaysh
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh..  I wish I knew! 

MomGirls
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

All of these were very helpful suggestions! I'm an emotional eater! I eat food according to how I feel; also the amount. So developing a healthier lifestyle has been a real struggle. But these are some very good ideas that I'm going to consider and be creative in finding other things that will direct me from food as a comfort when I'm feeling negative/positive emotions. 

LittleLinda3181
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

This is me...

Quoting Dontchawishuknu:

ME TOO!....the last two years have been terribly difficult...and after six years of maintaining a successful weight loss, I have found myself turning to food for comfort.....and regaining.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)