Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food journal

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:46 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 218 Total Views

Ok so I have read alot about keeping a food journal really helps you realize how much you eat, so I have kept one on and off for a while and it doesnt really seem to bother me how much I eat. Well now I am going to get serious about losing weight. I am 222.5 pounds and only 5'4, and I will be 30 in October. I would be so happy if I could weigh 175, so about 50 pounds. Nobody even has to read this, but I think that if I know I am going to make my food journal public it might help me make better choice, I mean I dont want to be embarassed about how much I eat. So here goes!

So far today

Kashi Go lean pretzel and choc protein/fiber bar thing.

Huge salad with spinich, a few types of lettuce, reb bell pepper, cucumbers and brocoli, with light cheese fantastico dressing

Two fiber one peanut butter granola bars

Medium Iced sugar free vanilla coffee from McD's

60- oz of water.

I know this does not sound all that great, but normally I would have added tons of Cheese and crutons to my salad and had two apple pies with my iced coffee, so I am making better choices. Yeah for me, but its only 245 and i have a pool party to go to in a few hours so who knows what I will eat there. I will be back and post, since I am sure everyone cares o so much.

Also went to the gym and did the eliptical for 53 minutes, first time in like four months!

by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommyof2boys34
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Hello,

Check out www.nutrimirror.com It is a great health site and keeps track of all your calories and exercise.  I joined in Feburary and have lost 30lbs so far...

Good luck!!!

MegaMamaTX
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Im on Sparkpeople.com--- its a website that allows you to do the same-- track your food and exercise-- and then they graph it all out for you and show you where you're succeeding and where you are failing. SOO HELPFUL!!!

SexyBexy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Tracking food is very important for weight loss.  I think that your list a great start.  I hear you about making yours public for accountability.  I would consider your goals.  Are you aiming for a certain number of calories per day?  Certain grams of fiber?  Decreasing amount of sugar?  Find an area on which to focus and quantify that in your journal because you could be eating a salad for lunch, but by the time you put dressing and cheese on it sometimes it's higher in calories than a small hamburger.  I am NOT raining on your parade. I think you are doing great.  I would just hate for you not to achieve your desired results.  If you make the effort to track, you may as well be tracking for success!  Good luck, Mama!

SexyBexy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM

BTW, you are absolutely gorgeous! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)