• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im knew to dieting and exercise... need help???

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:43 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

ok so im knew to  the whole new dieting thing and loosing weight. i have never had a problem loosing weight before. but now it just seems impossible. i know my biggest my problem is i have a huge sweet tooth. and a big soda drinker. I honestly would drink something else if i could get my caffine still. im a big tea drinker but i have to have my caffine or i can not function. but i cant seem to find a drink that is good for me but gives me my caffine. and trust my im no so cool to be around with no caffine. lol the sweet tooth thing i ok with it just take dispiline and im ok but its just my soda thing. i love tea but thats about it. i hate crystal light and all that. koolaid is just as bad as sodas so im at a loss. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . thank you.

Heather

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MixedCooke
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:01 AM

Crystal Light Energy gives both your caffeine and sweet tooth fix.  i work the night shift, so i can tell you it does work for caffeine.  if not Vivarin works really well.  here are some numbers:

3500 calories per pound of fat

9 calories per gram of fat

6 meals per day--200 calories each

50 to 75 calories burned per pound of muscle gained.

kttycat84
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:06 AM

If you absolutely have to have soda, switch to diet.  I know it tastes different, but the calories you save are worth it.  I don't know how much soda you drink in a day, but my dh drinks about 5 12 oz cans of Pepsi a day.  Each can has 150 calories, so that's 750 calories a day, just from soda.  One 16 oz glass of Kool-aid has 120 calories, so if you drink five of those a day, you're saving 150 calories over the soda.  If it's the fizziness of the soda you want, try carbonated water mixed with crystal light instead of the plain water.  I would stick with tea and water.  I was watching food detectives and they were talking about water making your skin look better.  Anyway, the dermatologist said most people just think they need 8 glasses of water a day, when in reality, you need to take your weight and divide it in half to get the number of ounces of water you need to drink a day.  If you're not gettin all the water you need, you'll eat more since your body will read the dehydration as hunger.  An easy way to get exercise in is to park at the end of a parking lot, instead of searching for a spot up front.  It doesn't take long to walk the extra distance and it's better for you.  Good luck on your weight loss!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)