Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wii Active

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:24 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 515 Total Views

I just picked up Wii Active at Target for about $60 (just a little more than the cost of a new game) and I love it!  I tried out a few activities including boxing, tennis, baseball, and a couple straight exercises.  I got a good workout, had lots of fun and am looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.  I finished a half hour ago, did about a 10 minute workout and I can still feel it in my legs and arms.  I highly suggest you get this if you have a Wii.  You can you the balance board from the Wii Fit but you by no means need to have it.  Oh, you can also work out with a friend!  You have a personal trainer on screen that shows you exactly how to do the moves and you have a lot to choose from.  It keeps track of your calories burned and you get a medal every day depending on how well you did.  I'm really happy about this purchase :)  Have any of you tried this?  Are any of you planning on getting this?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kammysmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM

i have that one..and i have the jillian michaels game..she kicks your ass man. speaking of that i havent did it in awile.....

MrSleep
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I LOVE boxing on Wii Sports. I play until I'm gross and sweaty (usually until I hit "pro"). It works muscles I didn't even know I had! I can't imagine how Wii Active would kick my tush!

prncskymmie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I so want that. My bff got it a few weeks ago and has lost like 10 lbs since.  

http://kymberlybphotography.blogspot.com/
kymberlybphotography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
kameka
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I'm so angry!  I guess I worked harder than I should have yesterday and re-hurt a torn something or other in my back and now I can barely move!  Ugh, hopefully it will heal quickly so I can get back to it!

http://www.freebabydust.com/blinkies/70.gifhttp://www.freebabydust.com/blinkies/112.gifhttp://www.freebabydust.com/blinkies/5.gif

AmandaBBW
by on Jul. 1, 2009 at 5:51 PM

my hubby just bought this for me today. AND I LOVE IT. i started off by starting the 30 day plan. and  me being me.. my dumb ass started out on the medium intensity regimine. i finished it.. but omfg i swear i thought was gonna die lol. i didn't take breaks and it really is a personal trainer in a box. i already feel it in my legs from the running. (alot of it lol) lunges, squats, curls, inline skating, hitting, and im sure im forgetting one or two. i burned more calories than they wanted me to. im so excited.

aligirl32766
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:26 AM

We don't have the Wii yet, but we're shopping around for a good deal on one.  I can't wait to get it!  It would be good for the whole family.  I usually walk for my main workout, but this summer has been sooo hot that it's been hard to stick with.

silverspun
by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 9:46 AM

I have the wii fit but haven't used it much lately.  Trying to lose 30 lbs but can't seem to get rid of my unhealthy snacks.  I do for about 2 weeks then I'm right back to them.   Is the wii active a good deal?  I'd like to get it to enhance the wii fit stuff...do different things than the wii fit has.

kameka
by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Quoting silverspun:

I have the wii fit but haven't used it much lately.  Trying to lose 30 lbs but can't seem to get rid of my unhealthy snacks.  I do for about 2 weeks then I'm right back to them.   Is the wii active a good deal?  I'd like to get it to enhance the wii fit stuff...do different things than the wii fit has.

I think it's a great deal.  I spent (I think) 60 bucks on it at target, which is just a little more than a regular game.  You can get a supplement pack for $20 which includes everything in it but the game for a friend.  You can actually use your wii fit board for some of the exercises too!  I haven't been able to use it since the first day I bought it because I really hurt my shoulder last month, but I really can't wait until I can again!!

sparklesqrlpooh
by on Aug. 4, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Im getting one for my birthday on Sunday.... Im so excited. I have mild arthritis so I hope I can do everything. Im trying lose at least 50 pounds and tone up.treadmill

"Everything changes, nothing remains without change."

Buddha
alizaya5426
by on Aug. 24, 2009 at 7:35 PM

lol i hate using the wii fit only for one reason because the little woman is all skinny in the beginning and once weighs you she turns real fat and when you step on the scale its like ooooh like your hurting it.i know it sounds funny but doesn't it seem like the damn game is talking shit.lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)