Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont feel important enough...... my daily whining

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 172 Total Views

Shouldnt your husband help you work towards a goal. Mine leaves everything to me he doesnt support me, back me up at all. I wanted to move into our first home in feb. but he wont stop spending , he wont stick to a budget at all so we can do that because i was upset one day saying itll never happen we have to stay in an apartment for another yr. I cant talk about money or vent about finances without him getting ticked off. He doesnt ever try to see why something is upsetting me or anything he just tells me im wrong to feel that way. I rank the same as everyone else in the grand scheme of things he has his work life full of people i will never know ( they are all on his facebook, i am not) his phone is his alone dont touch and everything has a password that I dont know. We have worked through th phone and facebook passwords but shouldnt i be apart of everything? why cant he love me passionately and WANT to share everything with me. I do........... plus i try to be a christian and go to church and read my bible and listen to music that doesnt cuss and degrade others or sing about sex or watch these fiithy movies like american pies hangovers ect......... he loves all that crap we have nothing in common.........

So he has a private life

we dont enjoy the same things

i am just as important as the dispatcher at work except i get sex

hes a sweet man but has no passion at all

he wont stick to a budget to give me the one thing I have asked for for 12 yrs

Is love enough??????? How do I look past these things????? I really want to I just dont know how.

PS - if i discuss any of this he says all he does is let me down why am I with him? Why dont you love me enough to do better is always my answer. Hes a pouter.

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
strongerwtime
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

There is so much to be addressed but I will keep it simple for now....I say dont let yourself get all upset about it.....maybe he needs to see you doing things for you and yourself alone for a while.  It will be good for you...and a wake up call for him. 

I would make appts to view houses on my own without him...keep your vision alive and dont rely on him...(now realistically you want this with your husband)...sometimes you just gotta SHOW them how serious YOU are..stop asking and begging him...he already knows what you want...(and unfortunately too engrossed in his own world to care-thats a whole other issue) you have told him for 12 years...he jsut doesnt see it as important as you do....  But that doesnt mean you cant try on your own.

Yes a husband should support his wife.  He's not doing a very good job of it from what I see. And from the sounds of it...he could risk losing his family behind his own selfishness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)