Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello & Welcome

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2008 at 4:16 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 545 Total Views
Just wanted to say hello to everyone, especially our new moms.  I hope you all enjoy this group.  It's for you - so please participate!  Feel free to share your experiences, frustrations, questions, and ideas.

Know a helpful website or book?  Share it with us!

Did you use a great book for nature study or history?  Share it with us!

Have some questions or a problem?  Let us know maybe we can help.

Do you have great ideas for schooling.  Please share!

Again, I'm so glad you're all here!  I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all better and learning some new things!

Amy : )

by on Feb. 27, 2008 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momneedscoffee
by Member on Mar. 16, 2008 at 1:00 PM
Hello & Thanks a lot for the group invite.

My name is Jennifer.  I am a mother of 4 {Arlee 11, Frost 9, Zacharis 4, and Liam 2 years old}  We school at home our two oldest thru a virtual school here in Ohio.  The more I read into the Charlotte Mason Method, I'm convinced that I can use the resources from our virtual school combined with the Charlotte Mason way to have a GREAT experience for my children!

I hope that you do not mind me being a member even though I do "technically" school thru a virtual school.  If so, please just let me know.

~THANKS

Pleas
e visit my groups...
                                                  Moms2Many Group  
                                                                and
                        Homemaking, Homesteading, & Homeschooling

I'm also Admin at
                         Stay at Home Wife

akindredspirit
by Group Admin on Mar. 16, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Quoting momneedscoffee:

Hello & Thanks a lot for the group invite.

My name is Jennifer. I am a mother of 4 {Arlee 11, Frost 9, Zacharis 4, and Liam 2 years old} We school at home our two oldest thru a virtual school here in Ohio. The more I read into the Charlotte Mason Method, I'm convinced that I can use the resources from our virtual school combined with the Charlotte Mason way to have a GREAT experience for my children!

I hope that you do not mind me being a member even though I do "technically" school thru a virtual school. If so, please just let me know.

~THANKS
You are more than welcome!  We look forward to getting to know you.  You can easily implement CM methods with virtual schooling.  Hopefully you get ideas here and share your own!

summersathome
by on Mar. 30, 2008 at 3:18 PM
Hi,

I am from the Cleveland Ohio area and am looking to transition to a Charlotte Mason approach for our homeschooling.  I home school my 2 daughters (1st & 3rd grade).  We are using mainly and old fashioned education (which is great!) mixed with other resources.  But my youngest especially is not enjoying this as much as I hoped (1st grade).  I've been reading about and researching Charlotte Mason's methods for about 1 year now and I think I'm finally understanding (a little at least) how things work.

I'm looking forward to chatting with others that use her methods.

Linda 

----------------------------------------
Real joy is walking rightly with God.

Healthier Living: www.livetotalwellness.com/summershome

Great Decorating and Gift Ideas: www.athome.com/lindasummers

akindredspirit
by Group Admin on Mar. 30, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Quoting summersathome:

Hi,

I am from the Cleveland Ohio area and am looking to transition to a Charlotte Mason approach for our homeschooling. I home school my 2 daughters (1st & 3rd grade). We are using mainly and old fashioned education (which is great!) mixed with other resources. But my youngest especially is not enjoying this as much as I hoped (1st grade). I've been reading about and researching Charlotte Mason's methods for about 1 year now and I think I'm finally understanding (a little at least) how things work.

I'm looking forward to chatting with others that use her methods.

I'm so glad you joined us!  There is alot of new stuff on here, so feel free to check out the different websites listed and other posts.  Charlotte Mason is such a fun, gentle, and natural way to educate our children.  Let us know if you have any specific questions.  Looking forward to getting to know you.

LaMereBoheme
by on Jun. 13, 2008 at 8:43 PM
Hi!

I'm Cat, 46 3/4, and mom to 4. I used to be Boho_Momma at Cafemom but left for sundry reasons...missed cafemom so came back but had to choose a new name (oh well, I like fresh starts).

I have 3 boys who go to public school for various reasons, but I will be homeschooling my dd, presently almost 3. I am putting together a blended curriculum. I am just to eclectic (and eccentric) to stick with just one thing. I am mixing up Latin-Centered ( a la Memoria Press) material with a Waldorf artsy-litsy approach and a Charlotte Mason structure. I call it Bohemian Christian Eclectic!

I just recently bought the planning guide, Laying the Rails, and the CM Study Guide from simplycharlottemason.com. I love love love the planning guide. It encompasses your whole schooling time (all 12 yrs), not just one. I am working with that, which I will then use the Tanglewood Corebook as regualr working planner. My daughter will use the Lifestyles of Learning record book from Notgrass. com. You ought to check it out..really cool..records what you have actually done as opposed to what was planned along with thoughts etc etc. I may get one for myself to make notes into as well.

I have not got into Laying the Rails yet...but I am looking forward to hitting it tonight when they have gone to sleep.

Having bought and read the Cm Companion by Andreola and the two CM Ed books by Levison is it? I found the CM Study Guide to be a bit repetitive of the three just mentioned..honestly, it didn't seem to have anything truly original to add...didn't feel like a Study Guide as the name infers...I expected something akin to the planner in interactive sense.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and find some folks using some of the things I am...being eclectic can make it diff to find others doing the same things.

Hope to learn and grow together...can't find anyone locally! :0

Cat

Praise Him and Peace Out!

akindredspirit
by Group Admin on Jun. 20, 2008 at 10:52 AM
It's great to have so many new people!!  We're so glad you're here.  Please feel free to share often.

LaMereBoheme
by on Jul. 5, 2008 at 12:57 AM

Quoting LaMereBoheme:

Hi!

I'm Cat, 46 3/4, and mom to 4. I used to be Boho_Momma at Cafemom but left for sundry reasons...missed cafemom so came back but had to choose a new name (oh well, I like fresh starts).

I have 3 boys who go to public school for various reasons, but I will be homeschooling my dd, presently almost 3. I am putting together a blended curriculum. I am just to eclectic (and eccentric) to stick with just one thing. I am mixing up Latin-Centered ( a la Memoria Press) material with a Waldorf artsy-litsy approach and a Charlotte Mason structure. I call it Bohemian Christian Eclectic!

I just recently bought the planning guide, Laying the Rails, and the CM Study Guide from simplycharlottemason.com. I love love love the planning guide. It encompasses your whole schooling time (all 12 yrs), not just one. I am working with that, which I will then use the Tanglewood Corebook as regualr working planner. My daughter will use the Lifestyles of Learning record book from Notgrass. com. You ought to check it out..really cool..records what you have actually done as opposed to what was planned along with thoughts etc etc. I may get one for myself to make notes into as well.

I have not got into Laying the Rails yet...but I am looking forward to hitting it tonight when they have gone to sleep.

Having bought and read the Cm Companion by Andreola and the two CM Ed books by Levison is it? I found the CM Study Guide to be a bit repetitive of the three just mentioned..honestly, it didn't seem to have anything truly original to add...didn't feel like a Study Guide as the name infers...I expected something akin to the planner in interactive sense.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and find some folks using some of the things I am...being eclectic can make it diff to find others doing the same things.

Hope to learn and grow together...can't find anyone locally! :0

Cat
Well, I finally got around to Laying Down the Rails and while I was on-board with the basic idea of it, I was very disappointed by the book itself. This was mostly because like the Study Guide, I found it to be very unoriginal. It was mostly quotes from CM's own books. So many that it felt as if things had been cut and pasted rather than actual book having been written. Felt like I had thrown money away after those two books. But I still love the planner.

Praise Him and Peace Out!

Char5
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Hi, I'm Charlotte Spears and I am from WV. I am homeschooling my last little one  (9) and he is the only one that has been homeschooled. I wish I had known it was this great with the other older ones. Caleb is definately a Charlotte Mason style learner. He loves reading and nature walks and is starting a journal this year. Thanks for creating this group, I am always looking to meet other CM moms.

Charlotte

skateboarding

akindredspirit
by Group Admin on Sep. 10, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Welcome Charlotte.  Jump in any time.  I am so ready for our Autumn Nature Walks!  Glad you are here.

Quoting Char5:

Hi, I'm Charlotte Spears and I am from WV. I am homeschooling my last little one (9) and he is the only one that has been homeschooled. I wish I had known it was this great with the other older ones. Caleb is definately a Charlotte Mason style learner. He loves reading and nature walks and is starting a journal this year. Thanks for creating this group, I am always looking to meet other CM moms.

Charlotte

skateboarding

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)