Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kidnapping Warning in Braynt/Benton area PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:54 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

I posted this in The Benton/Bryant Group, but I thought I would also post it in this group.

I keep kids in my home and one of the kids I keep was almost kidnapped on Friday. She was at her grandparents house when 2 guys in a white Chevrolet Astro minivan tried to get her into the van with them. They was trying to get her by asking if she wanted some candy. She is 4 years old.

Her grandfather was in the garage when he heard her talking saying If I get into the van you will give me some candy at that point he came out of the garage with a fire place poker. The one guy jumped back into the van and the driver was yelling telling him to shut the gd door. They speed off. They filed a police report and the Bryant Police Dept. are keeping them in contact with what is going on with the case.

This happened on the corner of Stillman loop and Justus Loop right off of Springhill Road. I live in Forest Cove about 2 miles from where this happened. So please make sure you ladies keep a close eye on your little ones while outside. Also keep a closer eye out for anyone driving a white Chevrolet Astro minivan with 2 guys in it.

Photobucket

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MommaRose98
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Thank you for posting this. I am so glad the girl is okay. It's is so scary now days, people are crazy.

theQueenB
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Thank you so much for posting this, I live near benton/bryant and I have a 4 yr old dd.....very scary. 

melsiggy09.gif picture by mrsdomesticgoddess

My2Munchkinz
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:37 PM

OMG!  Thanks for posting this!!  I live in Benton and have 2 small kids.  That is so scary!!  I'll be sure to pass it along to my local friends too. 

JenJen_0423
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Thank you for posting....I live in Maumelle.  I was at the new Walmart in Maumelle.  I had my daughter in the cart & was putting her in the car with the sacs out of the corner of my eye I caught a white large van with 2 guys in it.  They were parked funny & watching my daughter & I.  It freaked me out gave me bad feelings.  My mom is friends with the COP in Maumelle so she called him.  But now I watch out for anything crazy like that no matter where I am.

mcgee3394
by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 10:51 AM

This is so scary. My sister is moving to Benton in a few days, but she doesnt have any kids. I am so happy that this girl is ok and the grandfather caught it. Just think about what could have happened. There are some sick people in this world! 

ladyluck1996
by Member on Jan. 31, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I would like to say thank you to the mom that copied this post and sent it out in e-mails. I have had so many of my friends and parents that got the e-mail. I have also got it in my e-mail, it was sent to me from a lady that works for the Saline County Voice. The Benton Courier had an article in the paper last week. I told the little girls grandmother about the e-mail going around and she was glad that some one started sending it out.

Also if you read the article in the Benton paper they said it was a Ford Astro van, but Ford doesn't make the Astro it is made by Chevrolet. I just wanted to let you ladies know this so you wont be confused about the make of the van.

So again THANK YOU!!

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)