Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I NEED HELP!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:50 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 192 Total Views

i am a single mother with 1 daughter.. shes getting to where she is eating adult food so i am trying to cook more often .. however i am new to the whole cooking thing. Ive really been trying but im running out of ideas of stuff that she can eat and i can cook in smal amounts so i dont waste..

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
pharm76
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Have you considered freezing leftovers so you don't have to waste any food?  I have a dish that my husband refuses to eat that makes a lot.  I used to take it to pot lucks because it makes so much.  The last time I made it, I froze the leftovers into containers that hold enough for me and my daughter.  We got to enjoy the recipe, my husband didn't have to eat it and we didn't waste any of it.  Plus, I didn't have cook lunch on the days we ate that.  Hope this helps!!

Erin  :-)

excougarmama
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM

It's really easy to boil a handful of noodles and spoon a sauce onto it. Like spaghetti sauce.

Homemade chicken nuggets..they freeze really well.

Canned or frozen veggies...frozen is easier because you can just take out a portion and leave the rest frozen.

Anything you eat that isnt too spicy...I bought a small food grinder and packed grinded up hotdish into small baby food jars and froze them.  They were the perfect serving size and they can be taken out of the freezer in the morning and tossed into a diaper bag and they are ready by lunch whereever you go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)