Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it just me or is she there?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 5:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 440 Total Views

For the most part, i read other womens posts and occasionaly join in.  But this has really got me.  Let me back up.  A year ago my sister died from complications of leukemia.  We were not only sisters but the very best of friends.  Being a year apart in age, we did EVERYTHING together growing up and shared each others lives as adults.  I was blessed enough to be able to be with her at the very end.  The last thing she said to me was "i love you and i will always be with you".  Now for what happened...  I've been so blue and one day last week i asked her to show me that she was ok.  "Give me sign, give me something so i know you're ok. "  Well, a few nights ago i was laying in bed.  Husband snoring, dog at our feet sleeping.  Just me and the tv remote still awake.  I was laying there and all of a sudden i felt something on my face.  Like how we would gently caress our babies face.  I wiped my cheek, thinking it was a fuzzy but then a few minutes later, it happened again!.  Then again!  Then a 4th time!  Each time, it was on a different part of my face.  Like a gentle carress of someone stroking my face. Okay, now i reach over and turn the light on and their was nothing in the bed that could have explained what was carressing my face!  So i lay back down, pushed the blankets down and a few minutes later, it happened again!  Was this my sister letting me know she was ok or was this just me, wishing it was her and it was really something else?

by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shelleb2
by on Nov. 24, 2008 at 6:43 PM

I believe it was her.  Has it happened since?

joesstablemom
by Member on Nov. 24, 2008 at 10:16 PM

I think it was your sister.  My Dad died 10 years ago and I still believe he comes to me in dreams.  Whenever I am stressed or things aren't going well, I always have a dream with my dad in it.  I feel like he is trying to tell me things will be okay.

CairoMom
by New Member on Nov. 25, 2008 at 8:10 AM

She hasn't stroked my face but in the past we have had wierd things happen.  One night i turned the candle warmer off and went to bed and when we woke up, the candle warmer was on.  I knew i turned it off so i made my husband stand next to me the next night and when we woke up, the candle warmer was on again.  Only this time, although it was on, the candle and the warmer were both COLD!  Another time, my husband and i were in the living room and my husband said "look at the coo coo clock".  The pendulum was swinging inwards and outwards, not side to side.  Could this be Kim, playing with me?  Her picture is in a frame right next to the coo coo clock.  We were always playing jokes on each other growing up and as adults.  Makes me wonder if it is her.???

ashleylynn86
by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 6:36 PM

if yall were close then she is there... she is just letting you know she is there everytime she does something like this.. if this is the only none person that has died lately then she is here watching over you.. and listening everytime you talk to her.. so don't worry about it take it in.. and enjoy the fact that she is close to you..

Quoting CairoMom:

She hasn't stroked my face but in the past we have had wierd things happen.  One night i turned the candle warmer off and went to bed and when we woke up, the candle warmer was on.  I knew i turned it off so i made my husband stand next to me the next night and when we woke up, the candle warmer was on again.  Only this time, although it was on, the candle and the warmer were both COLD!  Another time, my husband and i were in the living room and my husband said "look at the coo coo clock".  The pendulum was swinging inwards and outwards, not side to side.  Could this be Kim, playing with me?  Her picture is in a frame right next to the coo coo clock.  We were always playing jokes on each other growing up and as adults.  Makes me wonder if it is her.???

gertie1117
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2009 at 2:05 AM

were candles something that she liked? she could be drawing some of her energy off of that. she's there wheather or not she shows it but since you had asked she is letting you know now that she is there and that things are fine. she is just making sure you are ok. watching you. since you two were so close she may feel the need to want to stick around. just tell her hi next time you know she is around. that way she knows you know it is her. :)

hotmomofmakayla
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2011 at 10:09 PM

My grandma passed away in 99.  I had a touch lamp in my bedrm that was her's n no one would be in my room n it would turn on itself.  Was that her or something else?

Quoting joesstablemom:

I think it was your sister.  My Dad died 10 years ago and I still believe he comes to me in dreams.  Whenever I am stressed or things aren't going well, I always have a dream with my dad in it.  I feel like he is trying to tell me things will be okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN