Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2007 at 12:55 AM
  • 22 Replies
  • 1876 Total Views
I had posted this before in a different post, but just so everyone can see it~ I would like to know what you guys think of my experiences in my home:

Most things have taken place in the house that my husband and I purchased 5 years ago. I have always felt some unsettling feelings in the house and see a lot of things in the corner of my eye a lot until I turn and nothing is there. But things first started when I was pregnant with my first daughter. I would take a lot of naps during my pregnancy. one day while I was sleeping, I heard a loud wistle in the room, like when somone whistles "whoooho??" if you know what I mean...like when someone is trying to get your attention. It was loud enough for me to wake up and think my husband was home, but no one was there. that was creepy.

But since then, we have had many pics with orbs and even shadowy figures, usually in my daughters room by her or her bed. I even went in my daughters room to get her up from her nap and I found a stuffed animal in her bed that was on a shelf acrossed the room just for looks-nothing that she could even reach or get to. I have no idea how it got in her bed!

ok, so now for the scariest thing! My husband and I were watching a show about ghosts when my husband started a conversation saying that he wasnt sure if he should tell me this cause he didnt want to scare me, but the other night when we were in bed sleeping, he was laying there awake when he felt like someone was standing behind him. when he turned to look, his entire body went numb, he couldnt move and there was a very loud humming in his ears-then all of a sudden it stopped and he looked around for someone but saw nothing.  I wasnt sure to believe him because it just sounded so unreal, until a couple days later, the exact thing happened to me. I remember trying to yell my husbands name, but I was unable to speak. once everything stopped, I woke him up and told him what happened. I was so scared that I wanted to leave that night! well that next weekend i went with my husband out of town for his business trip and we took our first daughter with who was 2 weeks old at the time. we were gone for 3 weeks and when we got back, i was scared that something would happen again. well wouldnt you know it, but the very night we got home, the same thing happened to me again! I was so scared but also mad and I started yelling at whatever was causing this. It never happened again, but I think if there is something in our house, it was doing this because of our daughter. the really odd things started happening after she was born.

I am always seeing odd things in the pics that I take of my oldest daughter too, who is going to be 3 years old. I'm not sure if there is something that kind of stays with her. so nothing too strange has happened lately, just odd pics. I still get the feeling like there is something in the house though- or like im being watched. oh, I forgot to add that when we bought the house, there was a very old antique chambers gas stove in the basement that was original to the house. these things did start happening around the same time that we sold the stove too..wondering if an old spirit was possibly attached to it and got ticked when we got rid of it??
by on Aug. 10, 2007 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gnat-elle
by on Aug. 10, 2007 at 10:23 AM
O.k., first of all, yes, scary story.  You mention that the ghost (happenings, but I'm gonna say GHOST!) is around your younger daughter.  It does sound like the ghost has to do with your the house, not necessarily an entity that is attached to your daughter, just more interested in your daughter.

You sold the stove.  Did that anger the ghost?  Maybe.  How old is the house?  Did the previous owners ever say anything about a person who passed away while in there?  I'm concerned that the ghost is interested in your dd.

There are obs in your photos.  You hear noises.  No, the noises are not just your imagination or a dream.  Ghosts do that.  I recomend the 'ruda' that foreverd23 talks about (actually, I've never used it, but I recomend it because I'd try ANYTHING!) and I recomend salt, a white candle and some holy water.  I'm gonna try this as soon as we get some clear weather:  Take a large bowl of water and put it out in the sun to purify it.  After it sits in the sun for 3 hours, it is holy water.  At night, light a white candle and take it with you as you sprinkle salt around the outside of your house.  At the same time, splash the holy water on your windows. 

I'm going to try this very soon.  You must also ask the Holy Spirit to embrace this lost child/spirit of God and ask the ghost to go home to God where he/she belongs.  He/she does not belong on this Earthly plane anymore.  He/she can go home to love and happiness with God.
bellaNmadysMom
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Our house is almost 80 years old and we never got a chance to talk to the previous owner. I did ask neighbors if they ever heard any weird stories about the house, and they said no.

I have actually wanted to try all those things that you recommended to get rid of ghosts, but i'm scared it wont work and then I might make it mad? The thing is, it has been almost 3 years since anything has personally happended to my husband or I and my daughter doesnt seem to be scared of whatever is around her. One time when I went to get her up in the morning, she kept pointing to the corner of her room saying that there was a man standing there. I asked her if he was scary and she said no.  So I dont know what to think.  I still see things in pictures with her but why do you think that things havent happened to my husband and me for all this time?

Doing those things you recommended, will they work?

Tequila_Sunrise
by on Aug. 11, 2007 at 12:06 AM
Since the ghost or entity seems to be most interested in your daughter perhaps it is a child or an adult who loves children.

gnat-elle
by on Aug. 11, 2007 at 10:40 AM
O.k., so there haven't been anymore bad things that happen to you or your husband.  Sounds like the ghost realizes that you're good people and mean him/her no harm.

I'm still concerned that the ghost is so interested in your daughter.  She SAW him - she said that it's a man, right?  Kids can see spirits.  Believe her when she says that she sees a man there.  But why is he interested in your daughter?  Because kids can see spirits and you can't?  I don't know.

These things that I mentioned are said to work.  I'm putting out a bowl of water for 3 hours today.  I'll get a white candle and 'go to town' with all of this very soon. 

Most of all, communicate with the ghost.  Spend a few days talking to him.  Tell him that you know that he's there.  Talk out loud.  Don't worry, the neighbors won't here.  Talk to him for a few days.  Ask him why he's still here.  Ask the Holy Spirit to surround him with the White Light of God's everlasting love.  Tell the ghost that you're going to ask Holy Spirit to come and get him and surround him with God's love and take him to Heaven.
foreverd23
by Group Owner on Aug. 15, 2007 at 11:03 AM
very interesting...alot of time spirits dont realize that they are dead or if they do...they dont want to move on
it is very possible that u ticked this spirit off by removing the stove
in a situation like this u can either have a priest come bless ur home
or u can take a few minutes and sort of "talk" to the spirit
tell it that its job here on earth is done and that its ok to move on to the other side with its loved ones
just make sure u have a rosary and/or holy water or ruda...check for prior posting...i have posted what exactly ruda is and how it works

as far as it being around ur child...seems like it might be harmless simply because its giving toys to ur child...so it seems like its harmless

it might be doing things to u guys to tell u that it didnt like anything u guys have done to the house including throwing out the stove

with time and patience it will eventually go away or the sightings will start to slow down
just make sure u keep ur spirits high
ghost can sense when u are afraid and use ur weakness to its advantage
when u are afraid and weak it finds a reason to stay around
bellaNmadysMom
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2007 at 1:33 PM
Thank you for all the helpful advice!  I think you are right about making sure that I keep my spirits up- I have been feeling scared lately because I'm afraid that I might end up seeing the ghost or spirit and I really don't want to see it- so when the girls are sleeping and I'm out watching t.v. by myself, I have been seeing more movement in the side of eyes, or it looks like I can see someone walking in the next room but once I look to see, then I don't see anything. So I have been trying not to think about it and to stay positive/happy, which I think is helping a lot. I've actually been trying to talk with whatever is here...which I don't mind that it's here as long as it doesnt make itself known and doesnt bother my family.

anyhow, thanks again for the advice! We are planning on moving in about a year to two years, so hopefully we can make it without experiencing anything else. I just keep thinking that we have made it almost 6 years in this house, so one more year should be okay :)
AMarie1979
by New Member on Oct. 5, 2007 at 7:00 PM

I am a true believer of ghosts, spirits, entities...whatever you'd like to call them. I've had experiences from the time I was about 9 right up until recently in my previous house.

When I was 18 I got an apartment with a friend. Things seemed fine until about 1 month into our lease. We kept getting these creepy feelings like someone was right behind us or watching us. We lived in an upper apartment, so when we came home at night we'd jump the landing to get past the basement. We'd quickly turn the light onm then run up the stairs, slam the door shut, and lock it. One time we heard a music box playing in the basement. The person that lived below us was a single man. He had no children, and was hardly ever home.

One night, I was sleeping with my door shut tight, and I heard my named being whispered. It was as if someone was trying to be nice about waking me up, but it sounded freaky. Needless to say, I felt a presence in my room and when I sat up, my door was wide open. I ran out thinking maybe my room-mate was trying to wake me up, but she was sound asleep on the couch. It took alot to wake her up. I finally got her up, and she told me that it felt like someone was moving their fingers under her pillow. She thought maybe my hamster got out of its cage, and somehow ended up in her room. She flicked the light on and flipped her pillow but nothing was there. She got so freaked out that she decided to sleep on the couch. She did not come into my room or wake me up. I would have heard her.

I finally broke the lease after losing sleep and both of us turning against eachother. It was a nightmare.

My daughter, now 6, has seen things since she was a baby. She would stare at one wall and laugh like someone was talking to her. This started when she was about 2 months old. We lived in our home from the time I got pregnant until she was about 4yrs old. At the age of 2 she started telling us about her friend "dee dee" that scared her. She said he was tall and had dark hair and dark eyes, and wanted to play but she didn't. He would get mad at her and that's when she'd cray to us. It was a nightly thing. Of course, my husband and I tried to make light of it so as not to scare her further. Eventually she ended up in my bed. I can't tell you the last time she's slept in her own bed.

She seemed ok until we moved into our new place. We lived there from the time she was 4 up until recently. From the first night she said "dee dee" was back and he was scaring her. I actually had a few times when I would calm her down, then go to walk out of my room and feel as if I was walking into someone. I almost said, "oh, excuse me". That scared me. I wouldn't move until my husband came to me. Needless to say, she still sleeps in my bed.

I had another time when I was walking to my car and heard footsteps behind me, thinkning it was my husband. I heard someone whisper "boo" in my ear, only to turn around and no one was there. There was no place for anyone to hide either.

I know some people would say that my daughter was just trying to sleep with me, and that I gave in to her, so now I'm letting her control the situation. I don't believe that. I firmly believe that there is something that follows my daughter, and I will not let her be terrified by anything. Why subject her to it? Kids are way more sensative than we are, and can see things that we can't.

I remember experiences I had when I was a child, and I won't let my daughter be frightened like that, however long I can control it.

KailynKoger
by on Dec. 11, 2007 at 3:12 AM

It all seems to be harmless. Giving the toy to your daughter seems like whom/whatever it is, is trying to give your daughter some comfort. I can honestly tell you that if it was a "mean" or "hostile" ghost or poltergeist it would already let you know by now. but usually "ghosts" don't "move' ( meaning picking up something and moving it to another place in distance)  an actually object. they touch and make noise and maybe so often tip something over or make things vibrate. But to actually "move" it from one side of the room to the other is... wow. Poltergeist are the entities that actually move things and usually throw things ( hostile ) But there are such things as good ones as well as bad. it seems like its not doing any harm so that's good. I think that maybe if in deed you do have a ghost or whatever it seems that it wants to "protect" your daughter and not to harm her. Maybe its an entity of a love one that has pasted on and is trying to protect and watch over.

When i was a very little girl my mom put me to bed for the night and went on with her evening. I obviously don't really remember all of the details but i remember what i experienced, but I've been told about her side of the story many times from my mom and her significant other. Anyways, i guess i was crying from a nightmare or maybe i just wanted my mom ( i don't remember lol i just remember crying). My mom said that when she came over to the room that i was in she couldn't open the door. I remember her saying to me " open the door kailyn" unlock your door" i was in my bed crying and crying and i couldn't move.. i was scared i didn't want to move. my eyes were frozen forward. my mom started to panic my mom and kept banging on the door and trying to turn the door knob. I remember my mom yelling for her husband for help. I will tell you what i saw.l i saw a older woman. she had a blue shirt on and she was in between me/the bed and the door where my mother was. I didn't want to say anything because i didn't know who it was. All i know was i was scared. My mom and her husband was banging on the door then all of a sudden my door flew open and my mom stumbled in the doorway and she said that she saw a woman there she ran over to me and got me and tried to calm me down. when my mom and her husband came in the door way the lady that was in my room disappeared. I didn't know what or who it was i didn't know what to say i just kept saying i want my mom, I guess my mom told me when i got older that she thought that the lady we saw was my moms husbands mom. (step-grandmother) was trying to keep them out because she was protecting me

so that is why i am asking maybe its a love one protecting her.. keep track of these sightings and encounters maybe write them down in a date log diary... if it gets worse maybe call someone for a cleansing and or blessing.

good luck hon and best wishes!

blessed be

~ Kai ~
CairoMom
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2007 at 4:45 PM
I am Kailyns Mom and the story that she just told everyone here is the absolute truth.  I was never so scared in all of my life.  While in the same house at a different time, i was cleaning and entered the livingroom only to hear all of my musicboxes playing in another room.  When i entered into the other room, all of the music boxes suddenly stopped all together, all at once.  When they stopped, i noticed that each and every one of them was facing BACKWARDS! I ran and got my husband outside and made him come in and take a look.  When we walked back into the house together, we could hear them playing again.  When we walked into the room where my collection was located, they all stopped again.  Again, they were all facing backwards!
KailynKoger
by on Dec. 12, 2007 at 1:01 AM

Quoting CairoMom:

I am Kailyn's Mom and the story that she just told everyone here is the absolute truth.  I was never so scared in all of my life.  While in the same house at a different time, i was cleaning and entered the living-room only to hear all of my musicboxes playing in another room.  When i entered into the other room, all of the music boxes suddenly stopped all together, all at once.  When they stopped, i noticed that each and every one of them was facing BACKWARDS! I ran and got my husband outside and made him come in and take a look.  When we walked back into the house together, we could hear them playing again.  When we walked into the room where my collection was located, they all stopped again.  Again, they were all facing backwards!

The scariest thing about that house is that you could feel the tension in that house.

One summer my brother and I went to spend the summer with my father. My mother and her husband were the only two that were in the house at that time. My moms husband loves his slim jim beef jerky. I remember he use to eat them all the time. Well i guess mom's husband came in the house and opened a little packet of his slim jim beef jerky ate half of it and put it back in the fridge on the self then he  left the room and went back outside. later that day her husband came back into the house and  opened the fridge to eat the rest of his slim jim beef jerky and it was gone. And I know that my mom does not eat beef jerky she doesn't like it. so of course moms husband questioned her and my mom said no that she doesn't eat that stuff. her husband just shrugged it off and left the room and did something then came back into the kitchen and the wrappers of the slim jim was on the counter-top near the sink in plain sight. And my mom told me many times that she knows that it was NOT there.

Things in that house were very off. Things were missing then reappearing later that day. (for instance the story i just told you all)  things would move. i remember my room to always be so cold. i remember waking up out of a dead sleep feeling scared and feel like someone is my room with me. I don't know how many times i woke up my brother because i was scared. there is something wrong with that house.. i don't know what else to say. something is defiantly wrong
~ Kai ~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)