Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Body Aches - low estrogen after hysterectomy?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2007 at 7:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 1421 Total Views
Hi all, I am new to the group. I had a total hysterectomy on May 7th. I am having very bad body aches (like the flu). It turns out my estrogen levels were very low (25) I was apparently not absorbing the estrogen from the patch the doctor gave me after surgery.  We have switched to estradiol pills. After 1 week my levels have only gone up to 60 so my doctor has doubled the dosage. I am still having very bad body aches, bad enough that I have asked for prescription pain killers because over the counter pain killers do not help at all! Has anyone one else had this symptom of body aches after a hysterectomy or in menopause and has estrogen helped!  Please help I need support!
by on Jun. 13, 2007 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
varelalady
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2007 at 8:19 PM
Hi I thought I was the only one suffering from body aches and pains due to low estrogen levels.  I am undergoing treatment for endometriosis one that has sent my estrogen levels to like under 10.  I constantly have pain but I do have estrogen spikes like up to the 60's and I notice a difference in the pain. From my understanding estrogen is very important to the health of our bones especially at younger age, Im 28. I am getting a hysterectomy in two months.  I find that camomille tea helps and so does taking a calciumm supplement twice a day.  Swimming seems to help too.  I'm sorry your going through this its horrible I know.
eagle1
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 9:03 AM
Thank you so much for your reply.   At least I am not going crazy!  I have increased my estrogen levels and I am taking it day by day.  Yesterday was horrible (lots of pain and tears - I am sooooo tired of feeling this way) I will post again next week to let you know if the body aches get any better after increaseing the estrogen!  Thanks again.  Hang in there!
gravymom4
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 12:41 PM
Hi!  I had a hysterectomy May 22nd and I deal with body aches and flu symptoms everyday!  My legs hurt so bad that it wakes me up at night!  I am taking the patch and I get horrible hot flashes,nausea,and headaches!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)