Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post Operation... HELP!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:48 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 359 Total Views
I am 9 weeks past my operation.  Last weekend I had a high fever that wouldn't come down. Needless to say I ended up in the hospital.  Now I am finding out that they took my good ovary and left my problematic ovary. I love my doctor but, something about this just doesn't sound right and now even he is calling me to check on how things are going.  Which he had never called me before, but had his nurses call me.  He himself asked me if my left ovary had endometriosis on it... I DON"T KNOW!!!! I'M NO DOCTOR!!! which the left one is the one he took.... not my right one!! If anyone has any advice please message me back!!! Thank YOU!!!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
emt448
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 3:06 PM

Then they need to remove the other one. I had my ovaries removed 1 year after my uterus and all and now I have a cyst they think is caused by a piece of my ovary being left behind. I would tell them they need to figure it out and take care of it. If need be get a second opinion.
Erin
traci1972
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 3:36 PM
i had my surgery a litlte over a year ago and took one overy and my uterus one overly left is all i have but i have pain there where that one is sometimes. but bladder issues too but i would call them and ask what they need to do that is no fun.
kimsthornton
by on Aug. 12, 2007 at 6:54 PM
Your doctor is contacting you personally because he is afraid of a law suit. It's really that simple. He wants to come across as caring & apologetic so you'll feel guilty about considering a lawsuit. I know this from personal experience with a Dr. I used in the past. I received 1 phone call from him & it was after a misdiagnosis & sending me home to ignore the problem. When he heard what my diagnosis was, he called me, and I could literally hear the fear in his voice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)