Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hysterectomy Survivor

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:38 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 361 Total Views

OH MY GOSH....To hear yall horror stories is terrible.  I am also a Hyst survivor. I as well dealt with the Endometriosis as well.  All my troubles started when I was about 22.  I had a miscarriage and they did emergency surgery because they thought baby was in tubes.  But found out I had that endo stuff as well and it was covering every organ around.  I did Lupron shots for 6 months .  It put me in Menopause to sluff off the nasty adhesions.  But a yr to the date after I took my lost shot I found out I was pregnant....carried her to full term and she was healthy..She is now 10.  I had my hyst in Aug of '02.  I found out I had Hyperplasia of the Uterus.  But unlike you ladies I had a complete hyst...They took, tubes, ovaries, uterus and cervix.  That was what my Dr suggested to do because of the endo  I had.  He said that the ovaries is what produces your hormones and that I would proabably be back in to take out the ovaries 2 yrs later.  That is generally what happens in a partial hyst.  So to be safe rather than sorry I opted for the full thing.  I did the HRT as well, started out with taking Estrace 1mg. I had horrible hot flashes and night sweats and chills...Then we changed over to the patch called Vivelle Dot.  That worked wonders for me.  You wear it for 4 days and then change it...Then I did that for 3 yrs and now I am on .05 mg.  It is awesome.  It is transdermal so it gets in you blood system faster and stays there better.  With taking the pills your body may eat that up quicker, which was my case, and it is all because of metabolism.  And I cut across the bikini area.  But I say it was easier than giving natural child birth.  I healed alot faster and I do not have a scar.  It has been nearly 5 yrs for me...I am now 35 and I had it done when I was 31.  So please if you have any questions please ask, I am an Advocate for women with Endometriosis and Post Hyst for my area.  I would be more than glad to help anyone...
Thanks Yall and Have a Blessed Day
SAE

by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Tymom
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2007 at 11:49 PM
Wow I have something in common w/you, I too had a Hyst at 31 y/o a few months after giving birth to my only son. My problem was with healing was that I am overweight. I mean my pregnancy was very painful and I was bedridden. I lost weight but still had a gut and I had to clean it constantly. But my problem was fibroid tumors and the cyst on my ovaries. In fact, that only seem to be able to find one. I still have the cyst, which at times, causes me great pain and discomfort, but I deal w/it.

Thanks for your post! I needed that!      Nicole
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)