Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here!!*~*

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 375 Total Views

Hello Ladies!!~*~*  I am new here!!~*~* I am a sahm, and mother of three! I was diagnosed with mulptiple fibroids just recently! I have been taking progesterone for 6 months, and have not really helped at all! I am seriously thinking about  getting a hysterectomy because I cannot stand the pain! I am just really skeptical about it , because first i am only 34, second I feel that I will loose all my woman hood! 3rd I don't want to go into menopause!!!!!  Do you still go into menopause even if you don't get your ovaries removed? i hope that by joining this group I can find support , and of course to make friends , and meet wonderful ladies! Thank you!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MimiofThree
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:53 PM

I had a total hyst in March of this year. I believe that if you keep your ovaries, you do not go into menopause, because your ovaries are still producing hormones. It is a big decision to make, so think it through. I still am having some trouble with the whole womanhood thing. I do feel like less of a woman, though I'm not sure why. I'm 40, have 3 grown daughters and 3 grandchildren. And I had a tubal done when I was 20, no more kids were ever in my future. But I still feel lost. I will say though, I am starting to adjust some. I don't want you to think this is the worst thing ever, I just wanted to tell you how I felt. Some women love that they had it done. I know a couple of women at work who love it. So I think that it's different for everyone, and I hope in time I will get over this feeling of being less, because I'm not. I hope this helps and if you ever need to talk, just message me. Shelia

Jodanro
by Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Hi Sahm! I had a complete hysterectomy, including ovaries, 6 weeks ago. I am 47, have 3 grown children, and feel better about myself now, than I have in a very long time. I suffered for so long, and when I finally made the decision, I felt instant relief! Of course, the procedure is not a piece of cake, and you will have some discomfort. However, for me, the thought of no more horrible periods, no more pain and no more worrying about the need to know where a restroom is, where ever I go, made it worthwhile! Since my ovaries were taken, I am now on HRT. It is working very well for me, so I feel lucky. If you are not having your ovaries taken, you shouldn't go into menopause. You may have some symptoms initially, as your ovaries may not function to full capacity right away. It usually doesn't take long for them to kick back in and start working properly again. My advice is for you to take some time with this decision. Talk to you doctor, and infuse yourself with information about the procedure. I definitely do not feel less of a woman. I feel liberated and free! I wish you well. Please keep us informed about your progress. *Penny

wreathPenny

A Happier, Healthier Mom in Indiana

mom2aspynbrooke
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 8:47 AM

I am only 26 and I had a total hysterectomy on the 9th, ovaries and all. I am on an estrogen patch and don't seem to be having any side effects. If u can keep your ovaries u shouldn't go into menopause. Good luck with your decision

DEIA123
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:54 AM

Welcome to the group these ladies help me out so much during and after my tah.I had it done Feb 27,08 im 39 with no children i had fibroid that had grown over my uterus.My periods had me weak not sleeping cause i have to constant get up changing pads durning the night that had me weak.Then when it had grown over my uteus i would b up have the night walking the floor cause i would be in so much pain,it was a blessing to have it out,i had to go to another doc to have it done,cause the first doc was beating around the bush about surgery.I had the ablation that didnt do any good i was tired and i wanted to feel better.I cant harmone stuff due to me having a blood clot so they took my ovaries i ask for them to take them cause i didnt want down the line those giving me trouble so i let one surgery due.Yes i have flashes from time to time and i know what bring that one,but its tolerable,but its the best thing i could have had done.I dont feel less than a woman i know im a woman and losing my uterus dont let me feel like that i can do things i couldnt do i dont have to worry about my period during vacations and i knew that i didnt want children cause my health isnt the best anyway and i know if i have that strong need i can always adopt,But pray about the decison discuss it with husband if you have one and way out your options,maybe you can keep your ovaries,but when it comes to pain i have low tolerance.Good luck on what ever you decide to do,but i  know you wont regret it unless you want more children.

You can always chat with me if you need to.Deia123

mommybowman
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 5:50 PM

I had my uterus and cervix removed 4-22-08.  29 years old with 2 yound kids.  I have had no menopause symptoms.  I do have some breast tenderness and  a little back pain around my time of the month.  No bleeding, no nausea, no cramping, and three days on the couch each month is much better than before.  I don't have to get pap smears each year because I don't have a cervix.  Things are great after my surgery.

Michelle
28 years old
Mother of 1 girl and 1 boy
Wife to a Wonderful Man
Great Friend to Many

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's learning to Dance in the rain

mamasitade3
by New Member on Dec. 22, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Thank you ladies for being so kind and understanding! I am still trying to figure out what it is that I need to do! I have endured so much pain over the years! And feel like I am at my whits end with this whole pain thing! As far as kids I already have three, and hubby had himself fixed!  So we were not planning on any more kids! I am just troubled about the after feeling! Also because I've read so many horror stories , about how so many women regret doing the hysterectomy. Especially with all the problems with their bladder, and inconsistency, and the painful sex! I just dread it so much! Also I just don't want hubby to feel that I am empty inside and would try to go find himself someone who has all the right parts! I know this is just stupid , because he has never told me any such thing, but I would just hate for something like this to happen! Anywa I thank you all so much!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!*~*~*~*~*~*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)