Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swelly belly?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:35 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 531 Total Views

Had my TAH on the 23rd of Dec.  My question is how do you like the swelly belly?  Is it better than the wrap they send you home with from the hospital.  The support is a "good thing" but wanted to know if anyone has a better one to use.  The hospital one goes so high up on the chest.

If so...where can I get one and how do you tell which one you want for the swelly belly?....what is horizontal...what is vertical?  So confused.

Thank you for your help..

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jodanro
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Go to HysterSisters.com.  They have a product called The Swelly Belly Band.  It is amazing.  They actually have two different ones.  One can be chilled in the freezer to give relief from the pain and stitches.  The second one is just used for support after your incision is healed.  They are reasonably priced and ship very quickly :o)

Good Luck with your recovery!

~Pennygroup hug

sonja007
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Thank you Penny. 

Although when I did check it out, it states horizontal or vertical....I am confused about the question.   Did I miss something?

Jodanro
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Sorry 'bout that :o)   It just means the direction your incision goes.  Is it a horizontal incision, or a vertical incision? 

Thanks for the nice comments on my photos!  We love our beagle.  She is the most loyal pet we've ever owned.

~Penny

sonja007
by Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Penny,

Thank you so much for your help.  I will get mine ordered this week.

Michele1968
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 6:44 PM

I've had a lot of luck with my band the dr. gave me, not too uncomfortable and it stays pretty much in place. My dr. says to wear it for 2 weeks but if it helps hold my belly in then I'll wear it until I'm dead!! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)