Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello Everyone!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:37 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

I'm Trina.  I'm 34 and had a complete hysterectomy to alleviate my endometriosis 3 years ago.  I honestly regret having it done.  Yes, the pain is gone, but I have had a lot of difficulties sexually.  Not to mention those bloody hot flashes!  My mood has been quick to fire.

I think, perhaps, I wasn't as ready as I had thought.  Every time I had my period, I whined that I wished I didn't have a uterus.  Now, I wish I at least had my ovaries.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Jodanro
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Hi Trina :o)

Is there a reason you are not on any kind of HRT??  I'm very surprised, at your young age, that you are not on some form of hormone therapy.  If replacement estrogen isn't in the cards for you, then I suggest buying an OTC progesterone cream.  You can buy a jar of the GNC brand for around $12.  You use about 1/4 tsp a day and I have to tell you, it was the BEST $12 I've ever spent!!  It took about a week or so, but I have to tell you the sex drive is back.....and it's better than ever!  It has helped me to sleep better and also with metabolism issues.  I'm not promising the moon here, but it would definitely be worth a try. 

I hope this helps :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)