Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its been two years!!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:37 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 292 Total Views

I made it to my two year anniversary of my hysterectomy.  I can't belive its been that long.  But right now I am going through watching my friends have babies and it still really bothers me at times.  But I am glad there is no more pain, no more bleeding, no more not being me.  It was the best thing I had done.  I just want everyone to know that if you are deciding on have a hysterectomy that make sure you do it for all the right reasons and remember its your health and happiness in the end.  If any of you ever need to talk or ask questions, I would be glad to lend a shoulder.  Best of Luck to all.

Shannon

toddler girlEmma (my baby girl) american footballBrandon (my football star)

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SeanandNoahsmom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:58 AM

I will be at the 2 year mark in January; and I am still cancer free. It does seem that time goes by fast, - except when I have to pick up my 50 dollar Premarin prescription every month LOL. I am wondering if, and when, other women my age have just stopped taking hormones, and faced menopause head on. I am 40 now. ( I lost everything, including both ovaries)

nerak64
by Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:48 AM

I hit the 2 year mark this past July. I had the hysterectomy July of 07. I did it all on my own. No hormone treatments. Now I think maybe I should get some thing. I do not have much of a sex drive at all. I could really go a long time with out it. I do not even really want my BF to touch me. It is not really fair to him. I only do it to make him happy. Some times I do not know why he is even with me. Sex is important to him. So maybe he does deserve some one else that has the same feelings. I fly off the handle for the stupidest thing. Some times not so stupid. But I get angry a lot. I go for my 2 year pap smear on Sept 14th. I am going to talk with the DR about these issues. What do you guys think? Thanks for this post. Take care Karen

Jodanro
by Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM

I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary next month.  It was absolutely the best decision I've made for myself!!  I was on HRT (estrogen and self-prescribed progesterone)  I stopped taking the estrogen about 6 weeks ago because of the horrible headaches.  Thankfully the headaches have stopped, but the hot flashes can sometimes be pretty intense.  I still use the progesterone cream occasionally and for some reason, it does help a little with the symptoms!  We will all absolutely get through this :o)

Rock on Ladies!!

JudyMarie
by Member on Oct. 1, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I know, time does fly, doesn't it! Its been over 4 months since I had my operation. I do not miss having a period at all! Basically, I feel like myself except for a couple of things...lack of libido and migraines. My doctor did not put me on hormones since she said they were not mandatory anymore unless you actually have menopausal symptoms.  She did put me on testosterone cream for the libido issue though, but scaredy cat me didn't try it yet. I didn't even have enough interest to do it! And I read it can cause facial hair,  yuk! I'm seeing a doctor for the migraine issue, not sure its hormone related. I will personally be happy and relieved after my first year surgery anniversary because I have a history of adhesions.  The doctor told me if adhesion complications are to develop, it would most likely be within the first year. I have had 4 surgeries due to adhesions in the past. My biggest concern when having the hysterectomy was this. So I'm hoping for the best.  I do feel great otherwise though.  I'm happy I did it and its done. I never have to worry about dangerous cysts again. YEA!

Am19v
by Member on Oct. 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM

It will be 15 months tomorrow since my hyster and I am finally adjusting to life. It was a long road with all the different HRT's and complications and the many different doctors I've seen, but I have taken myself off HRT's and am taking the natural road now. I have been taking natural supplements for about 4 months now and LOVE THEM!!! I am also happy to say bye bye to aunt flow's monthly visit. Still working on the libido part of it all, but I am seeing progress so that is great! I feel fabulous! It IS nice to be myself again.

Glad to hear all you ladies are doing well!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)