Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce yourselves here!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:23 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 396 Total Views
Hi ladies and thank you for joining my group. Feel free to let us all know a little about yourselves. Anything you want people to know is ok! As for me my name is Kim. I am 23 years old and married to Tim who is expected to be deployed sometime soon. This is my first deployment so I am looking forward to some of the advice that you other ladies can give me. I have a 2 1/2 year old stepson named Kaden who is a blast and my pride and joy Tanner will be 10 months soon. I am also expecting another baby in February! Now tell me a little about yourself!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
btsc0507
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 10:10 AM
Hi.  My name is Stacy  (i am ex-military) and have been married to a military man for almost 4 years now.  We have 2 boys a 22 month old and a 2 month old.  Mu hubby is supposed to deploy near the end of the year but hasnt gotten official notification yet.  We have already been through a short deployment (only 3 months) and it was tough but it gets easier as the days go on.  I don't know how I will manage 2 kids and a longer deployment this time, but I am sure we can all get through it together. 
gihorchler
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 10:38 AM
Hi, My name is Geneava this is our first deployment, and it has been really hard on me and our two little boys. My husband comes home for R&R next month so I really can't wait!!!!!!!! We have been married 4 years in Feb.!!!!!!! Well as you can probably tell We are newbe's to the military life but we are hanging in, and tring to get use to it lol.
Glory18
by on Aug. 4, 2007 at 3:23 AM
Hi my name is Lisa and I am 34. I have been married 13 years and I have 5 kids:Thomas-14, Jacob-13, Ben-9, Kiley-6, and Connor-2. My husband has been deployed 9 months now and this was our first deployment. He had re-enlisted back in the Army after  6 years of being out of the military. It has been a long haul. Lots of up and downs. I noticed when i read the introductions that some of you are 1st timers (deployment). I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have and I am here to support you anyway i can.
ektrace84
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Hi all! My name is Eileen 23, and I have a 2 1/2 year old and an 11 month old. We are about 2 months into Daddy's First deployment. We have been married just about 4 years now. It's great to know I am not a lone in this!!
wwe_mommy_8
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2007 at 1:26 AM
Hey y'all,

My name is Barb. I am going on 27 years old. My husband John, is a Navy SEAL. He and I have been married for 3 and half years now. We had a daughter, but she only lived 6 days. I just found out that John and I are expecting again. I am soooooo happy, but I hope all goes good with this pregancy. John was recently injuried while in Iraq, but is doing good.

Barb
TLadageRandolph
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2007 at 11:24 PM
Hi ladies!  I'm 31 (almost 32 - in December), live in Missouri (near St. Louis), love to read, spend time with my family, and bake!  My husband has been a Navy Reservist for 4 years now and is getting activated and is leaving for Afghanistan  soon (about a week from now).  I have a 2 1/2 year old, he will turn 3 in December.  My husband will be gone (assuming his mission doesn't get extended) until September of next year.  I have never been away from him for more than a day or two (when he goes for Reserve Duty weekends) and neither has our son.  I will have to be a single parent with little or no help until the end of this year (my Dad is having Prostate Cancer surgery 4 days after my husband deploys out).  My husband's family also live near but are too wrapped up in themselves to be of any help.  If anyone has any tips on how to keep their sanity, please let me know.  This is a lot to deal with all at once, but I know that we are only given what we can handle.  Thanks for reading!
Mamasan1657
by on Mar. 19, 2008 at 11:33 PM
Hi, my name is Karen and I am 51.  My husband has been deployed three different times since we got together 10 years ago.  He just returned from Afghanistan in May and was gone for a year.  Less then two years before that he was deployed over to Kosovo for a year.  He has had to go to Honduras, Germany and a few other places.  So I know a lot about how a wife and mother feels when their spouse is gone that long.  It was very hard on me, for various reasons.  But if any of you need some help or just want to vent or talk.  I am more then willing to listen...since I have been there.  Believe me it is not easy to be the one left behind.  But focus on what your spouse is doing for us and keep as positive of an attitude as possible. 
God Bless you and our troops...
Karen
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)