Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:48 PM
  • 27 Replies
  • 1991 Total Views
This is the place to write a bit about yourself, your location, how many children you have and their ages, and your interests!

Enjoy!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hjfern
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:52 PM

I'll start out the intro's.

I am Heather, I am 28 (almost 29) years old and have 3 daughters.  Their ages are 8 yrs, 7 yrs, and 17 months.  I live in Baldwin, and have lived in the Baldwin-Woodville area for 9 years now.  I was married to a lifelong member of Baldwin, but divorced him in 2003, and remarried in October of last year to a fellow Minnesotan (I am originally from MPLS).

I love NASCAR, gardening, going on walks and to parks, picnics and swimming. 

I am looking forward to getting to know moms who are a bit closer to home and not so "cybermama" - LOL!

-Heather

littleredmommy
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:06 PM
Hi, I am Marlena.... I am from Wisconsin.... i live in Menomonie... i have  one little girl her name is Angelica she is 16 months old.....I have been married 2 years in nov
cocoroyale
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2007 at 12:34 AM
Hi I live in  Hammond. I have lived here for about three years. Born and raised in Hudson. Moved to Hammond because I wanted a little of the small town I was raised with back.  I have two daughters.  One dog Two guinea pigs a fish, and a loach.  And of course a husband. We have been married for 15 years in december.  I am 35 almost 36. My husband is wigged out about the actually meeting up with people off the computer. But we'll work on him. We (I) homeschool. it is rewarding most of the time.  I guess that's all for now. Thanks. COCO
hjfern
by Group Owner on Jul. 27, 2007 at 9:56 AM

Quoting cocoroyale:

Hi I live in  Hammond. I have lived here for about three years. Born and raised in Hudson. Moved to Hammond because I wanted a little of the small town I was raised with back.  I have two daughters.  One dog Two guinea pigs a fish, and a loach.  And of course a husband. We have been married for 15 years in december.  I am 35 almost 36. My husband is wigged out about the actually meeting up with people off the computer. But we'll work on him. We (I) homeschool. it is rewarding most of the time.  I guess that's all for now. Thanks. COCO
Hi and welcome!

First of all, what is a loach?!

And I had to laugh when I saw your comment about your husband.  The internet can be scary but there are precautions you can take...and I have found that most people who are scared of all the stuff they hear on the news don't really use the Net that much.  I actually met my husband online...
There are ways to "check out" people and their stories, and living this close to one another it wouldn't be that difficult.  Someone always knows someone who knows someone.

My ex husband actually lives in Hammond as well, in the trailor court.  So you may have already seen my 2 oldest daughters around town...and one of my best friends just moved from Hammond after living there for about 3 years in those BrightKeys townhomes.  Her parents live on E in Hammond.  We used to go to Ras' for dinner a few times a month.  Great burgers.

MNmommy1st
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2007 at 2:14 PM

Hi im Crystal Im 21 and i have one beautiful lil girl. she is 2 and a half months old. I live in Lake Elmo, MN.

cocoroyale
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:51 AM
A loach is a tiny eel like thing. Next  time you are at a pet shop ask. They will have them with fish. You have probably seen  them. We had two. For the longest time we didn't actually know what they were called and my daughter called them squigglies. So we named them Lenny and Squiggly. We  only have one now. I beieve it is Lenny who is gone. We have had Squiggly for about twelve years.
hjfern
by Group Owner on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:03 AM
Hi to all!  Good morning!

Wow - up to 5 members now.  It was starting to look a lil slow...I know there's more of us on here!  Feel free to invite some if you find any.  I just do searches using my zip code, within 25 miles and pages have come up - so hard to get through all of them.

Looking at my calendar I have noticed that I have few days open before school starts on the 27th...so if anyone is really interested in going on a "field trip" yet this summer let me know, and we'll find a date and a place.  I have never been to Hayward, so that would be fun, but definitely a whole day.  I know that we also have Crystal Cave in Spring Valley, Cady Cheese Factory in Wilson, and a few others I can't think of at the moment.  So bring on the suggestions!

I would like to know more about homeschooling in WI as well.  I have really thought about doing this a lot lately, with our middle daughter having so many issues in school.  I know they need the social interaction, but there are many other ways to accomplish that without the need for public school.  When it's not a positive experience it's not as beneficial to the child, in my opinion.

I will be writing the Forum Guidelines today, and inviting some more members.  And of course, responding to any posts from members!

Have a great day!

-Heather
hellomangosteen
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:46 AM
Hi Heather.  Thanks for inviting me to look at this group.  I am pretty new as a WI resident.  I live in Hammond just south of Count E and West of Pheasant Hills Golf club. My husband and I are both from Cottage Grove, MN and we decided to move here to have some space and get that small town feel.  
 Anyway I saw your post about your daughter struggling in school.  I had to reply because I had the same struggle for years with my oldest daughter.  I wanted to pull her out and home school too (although my reasoning now has changed) and honestly I still might do that --my husband just doesn't agree with me though.  My daughter really struggled with concentrating on her work and she just day dreamed a lot.  She would get lost trying to find all of her things she needed to be prepared for the class lesson.  I thought the school should have held her back but in MN they just don't do that at all.  She neve qualified for help either.  She was slipping though the cracks.  I really struggled and cried over sending her to school when I knew she was miserable and she wasn't gaining the knowledge that she should.

Well moving to this school dist. helped but she was still about 2 yrs behind her peers.  Then my husband and I stumbled upon a functional nutritional beverage.  We started having our daughter drinking it everyday and roughly 6weeks later confrence time came up at the school.  I went to the confrences and was shocked at what the teachers told me.  They said Makayla has made more progress than anyone in the entire grade thus far.  I thought to myself that's great news.  Then the teachers said something that made my jaw drop.. They said,"particularly in the past 5 weeks they had seen a dramatic difference in her."

Heather I just had to share this story with you.  I know we don't know each other and have only just briefley met online here, but when I think of other children struggling in school it just gets to me because of our past experience.  I also do know a local mother who is home schooling and maybe we could talk more about that.  The reason I am still interested in home schooling my daughter is that now that she can actually do the work--I feel that we should be able to catch her up to her peers and the school just can't work with her to the extent that I want them too. 
kimberlie44
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2007 at 11:14 AM

HI, I'm Kim, I'm 21, I live in River Falls with My boyfriend of 5 years, our three year old daughter Ella and our fish.  Soon we will also have another little princess to add to the house (still nameless).  I look forward to meeting everyone and getting to know this site better!

Squeak1
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2007 at 6:53 PM
hi i'm jen i live in new richmond and have a daughter she just turned 1 in july andi moved here about 3 years ago with my parents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)