Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugliest Shoes in the World

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 8:02 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 399 Total Views
Many years ago, at a family function, I was ask what I wanted for Christmas. Everyone else in my large family collects something. One collects cow stuff, another is really into snowglobes, and my mom collects dolls. I have never been one that collects things. It seemed kinda silly. Apparently, I am hard to buy gifts for. I off handedly said, "Fine, I want closed toed, minimum 3 inch stilletto heels, the uglier the better." They took it to heart and on my birthday, I received 14 pairs of new shoes. None were ugly, matter of fact, they were all solid colored. For Christmas, I received over 20 pairs. Again, all tasteful and easily worn for most occassions. Over the next few years, the new shoes came from all family members. But, it was getting harder and harder for them to find shoes that they had not already bought for me. Finally, the noticed that I wear patterns, different textures, and unusual shoes. So, began the tradition of trying to buy me the most unusual shoes possible. It has become bragging rites for my family to see which one can find me the most unusual shoes. Last years winner was my cousin with a pair of thigh high leather boots with eight different colors. I am happy to report that I own the ugliest boots ever made. But, I am also the proud owner of over a thousand beautiful unique shoes.
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
usmcwife0311
by on Mar. 18, 2007 at 12:17 AM
wow! That is a really great idea! I should tell my family just to get me shoes for my b-day and xmas...  I have a BIG family too! lol...  
PreciousDesigns
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2007 at 2:31 PM

DAG!  what size shoe you wear again . . .LOL!  (For real, I'm serious).  I LOVE my shoes girl.  Shoes, purses, sunglasses and jewelry are my weaknesses.  Thank God I make my own jewelry, or else I would go broke.

layasmommie777
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Hey Ladies you should check out the shoes I have at my online store, I will have more to add this weekend!  http://www.theshoelady7.net/
Natasha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)