Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am going against the rules and I need your help!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:19 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 251 Total Views
last week I posted the quick and easy way to grocery shop. I have done it that way myself since I became a mommy and had no time to run to the store. This week, since starting this group I have decided to break my rules. I am going to grocery shop once this week, but I am going to find inspiration from you ladies! So please be sure to post your own dinner ideas!

I also wanted to mention something that is a huge help when it comes to grocery shopping and preparation. One thing that I do when I know what I am going to cook for the week is prep all of my fruits, veggies and meat the day I buy them.  I have my menu so I know what I am going to need what day, as soon as I get home I wash all fruits and veggies and then I slice and dice them as well. That way I don't have to worry about finding time to dice when my son is running around. I do this on Sundays because my husband is home and he can take Ayden to the park or play games with him while I am prepping for the week. This is a great tool and will really save you time!!! If I have a recipe or menu item that uses onion, I will slice it dice it and put it in a zip loc baggie, if I have two recipes that require onion, then i split it in half! That way when I cook on Tuesday - I have no slicing or dicing to worry about! It i done and it is in the right portion! I will do th same thing with meat! If it is going to be chicken fingers, then I slice the chicken! Try this ladies ! IT really works. It takes about 1 hour to prep everything for the week. This way there is only 1 or 2 cutting boards to clean and one or 2 knives!!! Let me know if you try this how it worked for you!

Also- PLEASE share any kitchen tips/ secrets YOU have!
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lamere
by on Aug. 4, 2007 at 7:52 PM
I do this, too.  I also put the meat into a marinade so it has several days to soak in and tenderize.  Makes it so much better when cooked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)