Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Simple Daily Pleasure (owner of group)

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:52 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 170 Total Views

Ok, so I grew up with a step-dad. I called him Dad, but it was never "just right". I met my real dad at age 7, but that never felt right either. My step-dad now, Steve, is the closest thing I've ever had to a "Daddy' and I am very grateful for our relationship.

I noticed since I had my 6 year old Donovon, and especially with Caitlyn (11 mos), that I live my "daddy dreams" through them.

Mike (my ex husband) and I didn't work out. He wasn't the best husband or spouse, but he's a wonderful dad. Seeing him with Donovon secures the fact that our relationship was not a failure, but a blessing for my son. We may not be right for each other, but he is everything to Donovon and I am very grateful for that.

But my real daily pleasure is seeing Caitlyn and Jim (new and wonderful hubby) together. Every day, he comes home from work and sneaks up on her to surprise her. She looks at him with the biggest and brightest smile and squeals. She is 100% a Daddy's girl. She loves him without being biased, with true love and affection and he can do no wrong in her eyes.

He changes her, feeds her, plays with her and holds her everyday. He is the daddy I never had. She is one of his true prides and accomplishments in life. He talks about her all the time and misses her so much when he's gone. He's more protective then I am sometimes.

I sit back and thank whatever higher power there is for me meeting him all the time. To see the love for her in his face, and the love she gives right back is a tremendous blessing. He tells me all the time, "thank you for my baby". She means the world to him and no one could ever take her place. THAT is the true meaning of being a Daddy to a little girl.

He will be there when she's hurt. He will be there to wipe her tears and hold her close. He will be at school functions. He will be there to scare off her first boyfriend. He will help her get ready for prom. He will cry at her gradutation, and he will walk her down the aisle at her wedding..... probably in more tears than me. He will be there to hold her first born. Everything I've ever wanted in a Daddy, he will be there for her.

I sit back and just watch them at night when he rolls around in our bed with her. She laughs and chuckles and wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world. When he hugs her, she grabs his face. When he tickles her belly, she squeals and laughs so hard. He picks her up and swings her around, holds her close and snuggles her the way a Daddy should with his little girl. I get a little misty-eyed knowing that everything I missed as a little girl without my daddy, she will have and more.   

My husband is my lover, my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my partner in crime and the love of my life. But knowing that he's my little girls Daddy is the one thing that I cherish the most.

Jamey  

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)