Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dog is super protective all of a sudden

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:35 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

Yesterday I had  a friend over and her daughter. She just got a big dog and we thought we would let our dogs play. Well my dog (a border collie named Drago) was very worried about this other dog being around me and Haven. He did ok at first but the dog walked up to my son to sniff him and Drago lost it. He nearly bit him! He snarled and growled and chased this dog into the yard. This dog is huge! It's a lab-great dane mix! Drago is just little, but that didn't stop him. So I called both dogs over and made Drago sit and I approached the dog while holding haven so drago would see it was ok. So they started doing better and they played. But any time the dog came up to me or haven suddenly Drago was right there ready to defend. At one point the dog laid his head on my lap and Drago gave him a warning bark. lol Good grief.

Im glad Drago is protective, but Im gonna have to make sure he doesn't go overboard. He needs to know when to turn it off.

This is my son Haven Michael. My heart.

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
OhBaby42
by Group Admin on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:24 PM
That is actually completely precious!  Our dog Sheila (a black pug) is like that with folks who come by our yard- EXCEPT, get this: The mail man! or Ups guyor Fedex... She just lets them roll thru without raising an eyeball!  Funny!  Give Drago a big smooch!

I'm Michelle, DH is Andy and I am a proud WAHM of many!
GinsAMom
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 9:35 AM
My dogs wont leave my side when I am prego- well Daisy doesnt now that she has pups to tend to. But Munchkin has to be at my feet or laying behind my head.

And it gets really bad when I get close to delivering. They are so underfoot being with me that I trip on them constantly!

Ginny- Mommy to Landen and a new bundle due Jan 5th! A cloth diapering, baby wearing, Natural birthing, breast feeder that loves her children to pieces! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)