Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

updates and such!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:31 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

ugh this week has been killer!! i can't believe it's only 8 days until christmas!!!

so maddox had an appt with a pediatric opthomalogist on tuesday about his blocked tearduct.  his eye of course looks fine now, so they were kind of like "umm, why are you here?"  lol  i wasn't impressed with the doc, but basically they said as long as it's only happening when he is congested, they aren't going to do anything right now.  if it doesn't clear up in 6-9m then he may have to have surgery to open it up. but other than that his eyes are healthy!  but poor punkin - they dialated his eyes (idk why, but whatever) and they were stil dilated when i got home from work (the appt. was at 8 am, i got home after 6).

today we had the 1 year checkup. my little stringbean is 31.25" long and only 21 lbs.  but that's b/c he's just like his mama and only eats when he darn well pleases and then only enough to not be hungry anymore.  LOL  but everything else was good and he is growing just fine.  the pedi was a little concerned that he is not talking more, but i told her that's because he puts all of his energy and developmental power into moving.  lol  the nurse asked if he could walk assisted and i said "yeah and he can run....away from me."  ha ha i just can't believe my little baby is going to be ONE tomorrow.  i remember this time last year i was on webmd posting about how i was going to be induced on the 19th and freaking out.  lol

i hope all of you are having a good week and keeping warm.  it is nasty here with ice and yuckiness the last few days.  have a good rest of the week!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LilMsTiff
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Glad his eyes are doing better. Sounds like his pedi appt went well also. My girl is having her 1 yr after x-mas probaby...unless they do x-mas eve appts. We'll see. I remember my son going through a phase where he stopped babbeling as much right around when he started walking. Must be a boy thing. Avie is your typical girl. She can walk, talk, scream and be cute at the same time. ;)

aprileshowers
by Group Owner on Dec. 18, 2008 at 3:03 PM

OMGsh! He is so tall!!! I had to take E to the prompt care last night and he has an ear infection, but the main thing was they weighed him and he was 23lbs! He stood on the big scale and let them weigh him. it was SOOO CUTE!! He doesnt have his one year until the 31st.

Sounds like Maddox is a wild child!! I love hearing you talk about him and all his running around! It makes me smile everytime i think of us wondering what they would be like. AHHH! Im going to make myself cry again1 They are one!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)