Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you use a helper?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

Was wondering if any of u ladies use helpers every now and then and if u do, do u inform parents ahead of time or how do you go about it?

Spare-time work, full-time income! Ask me how.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cubbies23
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:46 PM

My helper is my husband.  I only use him if I need to go someone in the evening before closing time.  I do try to inform the parents ahead of time if I think of it.  My parents are ok with me leaving the kids with my husband so it's not that big of deal.

mysteriousmom06
by on Jan. 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM

The only time I have a helper is if I need to be away from the house, like if I have an appointment or when I went for my cpr re-cert, & that is only if I can't do it on the weekend or my day off (I have wednesdays off right now). Usually its my grandmother (who did childcare her whole working career) or my sister (who is a nurse)

I usually mention something to the parents if they will be here during pick up time. I have it in my contract that there may be time I will use one of them & it explains their background. Also when I do an interview I let them know that we can schedule a time for them to meet if the parents want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)