Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare Insurance/Injuries

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:04 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

Hi There!  I'm new here, so sorry if this has already been posted.  Can anyone recommend an insurance company to cover a home daycare?

Also, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what their experience has been with children getting injured in their home.  I'm talking minor injuries like scraped knees, bumped heads, scratches, etc.  I am a new daycare provider, watching two infants that are in the crawling/pulling them up on things stage, and as babies tend to do, they get hurt here and there.  I'm just wondering what parent's responses to this tend to be.  I'm having such anxiety worrying about how the parents are going to feel if their kid goes home with a scrape or red mark.

One of the babies had two little red dots on his arm that he arrived with one day.  Dad was the one who dropped him off.  I thought nothing of it because he always has little red dots in his diaper area, like a super mild rash, and I just thought he had really sensitive skin.  Plus, he arrived with them, so I didn't mention anything to them.  Then, the mom asked me about it the next day because she thought he had been bitten by something and was wondering if it happened here or at their house.  That was a few days ago.  Yesterday, he had an identical red dot near the first two, which happened to appear in the last hour that he was at my house.  He got a few more after leaving here yesterday and coming back today and a few more since he's been here today.  Nobody else here has them, but I'm still wondering if they are thinking something here is causing it...It's stressful when you're watching other people's babies and you feel like they are questioning they type of care you provide!

Anyways, if you can just let me know what your experiences have been, I would love to hear it!  Thx :)

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)