Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DOBBS

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 375 Total Views

So I started out with the Dennis Brown Bar when my son was born after the casting, got upgraded (YAY!) to the Ponsetti AFO's about 8 months ago, well now we recently moved to Missouri and I will start going to St Louis Children's here in a few weeks ( I was going to Seattle Children's).  I have an appointment with DR. DOBBS the creator of the Dobbs bar and his assistant said we would probably be switched to the Dobbs bar. Does anyone have this? How is it? Also has anyone been to St Louis Children's?

If you don't know what I'm talking here's the info on the Dobbs bar

http://www.dobbsbrace.com/

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Star8283
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Hi.

i've heard of it. But my son has to have an AFO. St.louis is a wonderful hospitial ! Never been there. But i had 1 foot on the plane! lol I live in PA so Dr ponseti recommanded Dr von Bosse for me. He's in philidelphia PA .  Good luck!

Have you gone to the yahoo who board ? it's called nosugeryforclubfoot. ? there's alot of people that go to st louis there and alot of good advice!

lcm3181
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Quoting Star8283:

Hi.

i've heard of it. But my son has to have an AFO. St.louis is a wonderful hospitial ! Never been there. But i had 1 foot on the plane! lol I live in PA so Dr ponseti recommanded Dr von Bosse for me. He's in philidelphia PA .  Good luck!

Have you gone to the yahoo who board ? it's called nosugeryforclubfoot. ? there's alot of people that go to st louis there and alot of good advice!

the group is called nosurgery4clubfoot and yI agree, it is a very helpful place with lots of experienced mommies!
 My son wears the Mitchell brace so I can't help ya with the dobbs brace.

metalbunny1273
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Yeah, I'm on that group too, Its been very helpful

WYTreasures
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 1:26 PM

My son Benjamin has been using the Dobbs bar since he came out of his casts (about 4 weeks now).  We started with the Markell shoes on the bar, and just this week got his new Mitchell shoes.

Since we have never used any other bar, I can't compare different bars.  I do know that my son hasn't had any problems with the bar (other than kicking me when I am changing him, since he can get both legs pumping).  I have heard that the kiddos can't get out of the bar as easily since they can't use one foot as leverage to pull the other one out.  However, with that said, Benjamin did get his foot out once the first week (go figure!).  Since then, no problem with that. 

I think it is a great bar, and your child can move his feet a little more independently than with a DBB.  Hope this helps.  If you end up using the Dobbs bar, I would enjoy talking with you about  it and comparing notes. :-)

Tanya

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)