Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Graduating from the crib

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 372 Total Views

My son will be 2 on Feb 9th. I would like to get him out of a crib and into a bigger bed so those noisey braces have more room to move at night. What was your plan of attack for a "big boy/girl bed?" I was thinking of just getting a twin sized mattress/boxspring to put on the floor. It just seems like a long way down with the brace on to be in a taller bed. Anyone have ideas/suggestions/advice?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
metalbunny1273
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Hi! I put my lil man in a regular toddler bed about 2 months ago, so he was 18 months, almost 19, I was so worried I was up all night. The only thing we did was take one of those kid couches, and lay it out on the floor beside the bed in case he fell out it was cushioned. So here we are 2 months later and he has not fell out of bed once (and boy is he a wiggle worm when he is sleeping!) Every once and a while he will wake up and slide out of bed and play and then fall asleep on the floor, but thats rare.

Jweaver
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 1:55 AM

My son turned 2 in Sept, we just got out of the crib.  We did a reg twin bed. It is not very tall, but I thought he would have more room to wiggle than in a toddler bed....

There are some scuff marks on the wall from his shoes hitting the wall, so I was thinking about maybe making a padded/upholstered board to mount on the wall that matches his bedding....just to save the wall for the rest of his shoe wearing life :)

I thought when he woke up in the morning he would try to get up, but he hasn't. He yells for us, then we go in and take his shoes off. It has been a great transition for us

froghopper
by Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 5:03 AM

I am in favor of keeping my kids contained until they break free.  Jack seems fine and he doesn't whine or complain about his braces...I worry that if he tries to get up and walk in the middle of the night with the brace on he will hurt himself..keeping him in the crib until 3 benifits both me and jack.

Frogs-6.gif             

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)