Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how high are these cast

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 1:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 509 Total Views
how high do they go up there leg. My mom asked after I talked to the surgeon he didn't say so I was just wondering?
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Sndrs7
by Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:34 PM

They go from their toes to their diaper and they bend their knees and turn the foot out. When they are older (like 3) they sometimes will let them have short leg casts.

ILuvBeingMom
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 10:56 PM
My experience has been the same as Snders (don't know if I spelled your screen name right-sorry).  They gave Aiden 'mole skin'- a really soft (velvet maybe) materiel that would stick to his cast-this helped if one of the casts ever tried to rub his skin!
Sndrs7
by Member on Mar. 29, 2007 at 11:47 PM
Ya, we used to put the moleskin or a foam like tape on the inside of the cast and fold it over to the outside to protect their skin. Sometimes we did it preemptively so that it wouldn't even start to rub on their leg or toes. I had forgotten about that till you mentioned it!!

Quoting ILuvBeingMom:

My experience has been the same as Snders (don't know if I spelled your screen name right-sorry).  They gave Aiden 'mole skin'- a really soft (velvet maybe) materiel that would stick to his cast-this helped if one of the casts ever tried to rub his skin!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)