Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Angie & Jen

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:53 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 371 Total Views
Angie & Jen -

This thread is just for the two of you!  I hope that you will both be very blessed this month as you get to know one another & strengthen one another in the Lord!  Blessings!

Morgan

"the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things - that they may admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed" (Titus 2:3-5)

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommyjen1980
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 1:14 PM
Hi there. I'm Jennifer and I'm 27 years old.  I will be married to my  husband for 6 years on September 22.  My birthday is February 11th.  I have two children.  Noah~3 1/2 born on January 7 and Sarah who is almost 20 months born on December 10th.  My hubby is 30 and his birthday is on Valentines' day.  We attend church at a inter-denominational church and we absolutely love it.  The church is ran by God Almighty and the wonderful senior pastors.  Not by any association or anything like that.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.....we just choose not to be a part of any association.  So, our ministries differ from many churches around us.  We've been talked about badly in our community.  If you were to ask the average person about Covenant, they'd raise their eyebrows and say "Hmmm don't know about them people out at Covenant."  But all Christians will be persecuted for standing up for what is right.  I guess you can tell that's an area that needs to be prayed about in my life.  I also need to work on my faith in God to work things out.  He's done it so many times over and over but yet I still can't fully rely on God for the simple fact that I am human and that devil is constantly throwing things into my mind trying to prove to me that God is not worthy of all my praise and worthy of having me give my life over to Him.  There's some things that I have given over to him but others I haven't.  As you have probably seen on my page, I am involved in the nursery ministry at our church.  I take this role very seriously.  I'm not just the one who sees to it that it is staffed properly and buys supplies.  I constantly pray for the staff, the children, and the ministry as a whole.  I also pray for the expansion that is currently going on.  We are going from a combined nursery from 0-2 years to rooms for babies, crawlers, toddlers, and walkers.  In that, we must expand parent volunteers into the mix in which has been an issue in the past with other ministries such as AWANAS.  I am so glad that Morgan has created this group so that I can come vent and talk to someone about my problems without judgement.  I am also starting the first job I've had in 3 years on August 16th.  My son and daughter go to the preschool I will work at.  My daughter will be in my class twice a week and then the other 3 days are a 2 year olds class.  I love working with children this age however, it can be so very challenging as they are not very focused at this age.  I just pray that we can get some of the Word into them and let it go.  It's only a 1/2 day so I really like that.  I have school holidays off with my kids which works out wonderfully.  When they are out, I am out.  Then we also have the summer to spend together as well as every afternoon.

Okay, I'm so sorry this is so long.  There's really more but the microwave just went off and my lunch is in there.  I'll write more later.  In the meantime, please come post some things about you.

~Jennifer~
Mommie to Noah~01/07/2004 and Sarah~12/10/2005 and wife to Larry~09/22/2001 

"For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord.  They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  In those days when you pray, I will listen,.  YOU will find me when you seek me,  if you look for me in earnest." Jeremiah 29:11

1035Angie
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 10:37 PM
Hi Jen!

Wow, your life sounds like my life was when I was your age.  I'm 39 and will turn 40 in December.  I have 4 kids, 3 of them are teenagers.  My youngest will be 8 in October.  My husband is 44.  Hopefully I can encourage you some since my kids are older and I've seen a lot and been through a lot and am still going through a lot with my teenagers.

My husband has been working out of state since 11/06 so I've been a single mom trying to raise my kids, in this world, to not be of this world.  It is probably my biggest trial right now.  I'll be letting you know how to pray because I sure need it.

We are members of East Mountain Assembly of God Church.  I've been very active, serving in the church as a Sunday School teacher to preteens, a Youth leader, a Missionette teacher to 3,4,5 grade girls as well as a member of the missions committee.  I stepped down from all my ministries one by one starting when my husband left due to me being overwhelmed with my own children at home.  It's really hard to train everyone else's kids while I leave my own at home.  I want to get back into at least one of the ministries when my husband comes back home but that's totally up to God.

I resigned 2 years ago from working in our school district at an elementary school as a school health assistant.  I love children but find that as I get older I like working with older children rather than the little ones.  It's probably because I have 3 teenagers.

I am very involved in my church as far as attendance.  We attend Sunday a.m., Sunday p.m., Tuesday a.m. Women's Ministries, Tuesday p.m. prayer meeting. 

School will be starting here on the 15th for 2 of my kids and on the 20th for my baby.  My oldest, 17 year old son is currently attending a military type academy out of town.  He will graduate with a H.S. diploma and 15-18 college credits in December then come home to attend college in January.  My next oldest, 15 year old son,  is in 10th grade at a high school that I really have issues with.  My 13 year old daughter is starting 8th grade at a public mid. school here and my 7 year old daughter is starting 3rd grade at a local christian school.  My 15 year old is very rebellious and keeps me on my toes.  I lose a lot of sleep over him due to him trying to sneak out at night.  I'll elaborate on the kids another time but until then please pray for my 15 year old.  He knows Jesus very well but is so far away from Him now.  The devil really wants this one for some reason and he's working overtime trying to steal him from us.  Right now I don't get online too much but when school starts I should be able to be more consistent with checking email and Cafe Mom.

I read my Bible daily searching for encouraging scriptures to send to my son who's away from home.  He is so homesick right now.  I write to him every day, except Sundays because there's no mail delivery on Sundays.  Going to church as much as possible and reading His Word daily gives me strength to do my job without going crazy. 

I look forward to sharing your burdens and your joys and, hopefully be some encouragement and support to you as you raise your little ones.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)