Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lynn & Morgan

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:55 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 435 Total Views

Lynn,

I paired you with me - I just felt the Lord pulling me in that direction after reading your post (several times)!  I hope that's okay!  We can post here on this thread or communicate via e-mail, messenger, or whatever! 

I look forward to getting to know you!  Morgan

"the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things - that they may admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed" (Titus 2:3-5)

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
houseof7
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 7:44 AM
Sounds good! Cant wait to get going. I have been studying how to change my mindset...me and my friend started a Bible study called Battle for the Mind. I want to be joyful in every and all situations!

titus2mom
by Group Owner on Aug. 1, 2007 at 8:48 AM
Did you know that we are studying Battlefield of the Mind at Imperfectly Holy Women of God, too?!  We just a few days ago - we're reading chapter 2 today:)

I am studying the book because I want to think like God does - so often I find that fleshly/worldly attitudes creep up into my mind & out of my mouth & I don't want that to happen anymore! 

As I have suffered from depression in the past, having joy in the Lord is also a good reason to read the book!

What else should I know about you?

Morgan

"the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things - that they may admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed" (Titus 2:3-5)

houseof7
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 9:08 AM
I am a mom of 5 boys, ages 14,12,11,10,and 8. I babysit an almost 2yr old boy in my home.I have 3 very good friends and all are born again. I feel blessed to have 3 solid friendships.  I have a very stressed marraige, my dh is an alcoholic. That ultimately is what has brought me into some new things with God. God had released alot in me this past month. I have finally allowed God to define me and not my dh.(you can read whats been happening on my journal). I truely believe that God will use me to bring my dh back to Him. By getting myself where I need to be with Christ, will speak loudly to my dh. My biggest struggle is loving dh like Christ does..he makes me sooo mad lol but I am working on that and praying that God would show me my dh through his eyes. I have alot of stressed family relationships because my parents are non believers and are 600 miles away. I have a true heart for the Lord and I believe He is going to bring me into something amazing..Im so excited about that. Sry I tend to talk alot sometimes lol. anywho...how bout yourself.

houseof7
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 9:10 AM

Quoting titus2mom:

Did you know that we are studying Battlefield of the Mind at Imperfectly Holy Women of God, too?!  We just a few days ago - we're reading chapter 2 today:)

I am studying the book because I want to think like God does - so often I find that fleshly/worldly attitudes creep up into my mind & out of my mouth & I don't want that to happen anymore! 

As I have suffered from depression in the past, having joy in the Lord is also a good reason to read the book!

What else should I know about you?

Morgan

We are doing Battle for the Mind by Stephen Matthew. I wish i had a copy of the joyce meyer one..ive heard its great.

titus2mom
by Group Owner on Aug. 1, 2007 at 9:24 AM

Oh, Battlefield FOR the mind:)  Yes, the Joyce Meyer one is AWESOME - how is the book that you are reading?

Thanks for telling me about yourself - you didn't say too much - we need to catch each other up!!!

First of all, I think it is AWESOME that you are working on getting your relationship with God back to where it needs to be & letting God work on your hubby!  In my experience, that is the way that works best!

I am, in a way, doing the same thing. 

I had been out of church since about the time I became pregnant with my daughter (I have only one, Makennah Grace, who will be 7 months old tomorrow - hubby also has a 7 1/2 year-old from a previous relationship (Ty Matthew) but we don't get to see him).  I went back about 3 1/2 weeks ago.  I had tried to go back a couple of times before, but because my husband doesn't want to go, I would go a couple of times and then stop going for a long time.  I finally decided that even if Justin (that's my hubby) doesn't want to go, Makennah and I are going to go back!  Period!
I am a submissive wife (or try to be anyway), so I did ask Justin if he wanted to come with us & made sure that he didn't mind that we would be going.  He seems to like the idea that we are going, but doesn't want to go himself.  So that's the situation with church for me right now.

My husband is a christian (born-again, saved, however you want to put it), however he has not been living for God fully.  I am not just talking about him not going to church, though.  He had a drug problem a few years back and went to Minnesota Teen Challenge & was able to turn his life around through developing a relationship with God.  He was there for a year (you might actually suggest that to your husband if he is an alcoholic - it is a great program!)  Anyway, a year after he graduated from MNTC, he started smoking again, then smoking led to a little casual drinking, and just a couple of weeks ago he lost his sobriety (for the first time in about three years) to methamphetamine (his former drug of choice).  So I do know what you are dealing with (somewhat) with an alchoholic husband (my father was also an alcoholic, but more on that later).

Anyway, I don't want to write too much at a time & overwhelm you with info!  It looks like we are at the same place in our relationships with God & that is why I paired us together! 

titus2mom
by Group Owner on Aug. 1, 2007 at 9:27 AM
BTW - MNTC, if you ARE interested, is free.  You just have to establish residency in Minnesota first (by staying in a motel for a couple of days!)  I know you have kids, so it would be hard to have your husband away (it would be hard if my husband went back & I only have one!), but if he really needs help & you don't think he can do it on his own & he doesn't think he can do it on his own - MNTC is a great option!

houseof7
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 11:02 AM

Wow lol I totally understand why you paired us together..thats awesome! We really do have alot in common!

titus2mom
by Group Owner on Aug. 1, 2007 at 11:14 AM
Well, God helped!  You didn't say anything in your post about the issues with your husband - and neither did I!!!  What got me is your statement, "I am getting there lol. I desire a much closer relationship with Him..He has been changing my heart alot this past month."  I felt and feel the same way - it has been in the last month that I have really turned my life back over to God & I also desire a much closer relationship with Him!  Praise God!

titus2mom
by Group Owner on Aug. 2, 2007 at 9:06 AM
Hi Lynn!  Hope you are having a good morning!  Maybe you could fill me in on your regular schedule, if you have one, so that we can chat sometime - my yahoo id is "dimpylz".  I can download another messenger too if you use something different:)

This verse could be our focus this month, given our situation.  What do you think?

"In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives, as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior" (1 Peter 3:1-2)

Talk to you later! Morgan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)