Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 261 Total Views

I am a teacher, but when it comes to my own child, I seem to not get anywhere.  She is in the 2nd grade and seems to fail every spelling test.  We write the words, play spelling city, review each night, and flash cards.  She knows the words by Thursday evening, and her dad reviews with her on the way to school.  She still fails the test.  Does anyone else have any ideas of how to get a child away from test anxiety.  This year, she has moved on to not completing classwork, and usually has to complete it and her homework at home.  She hasn't started dance classes at this time; however, I am thinking we need to take them away until she gets her grades on track.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What did you do?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
AprilMomToBe
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Talk to her teacher.  Find out how the spelling test is given.  Maybe by practicing the same format as the test will help.  As for class work ask her teacher what exactly is she doing when she should be completing class work.  Is she talking and maybe needs to be by herself to work, or is she confused and needs more clarification to finish the assignment?  Just some thoughts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)