Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED to Vent!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 191 Total Views

Please do not judge me I just need to get a few things off my chest.  First of all I have an amazing husband and I am confused about my feelings.  I am in love with my best friend and have been for about two years.  My friend has no idea and I have hid it well from everyone involved.  I doubt my friend even feels similar to how I feel.  But feeling torn between the two I am losing my mind.  I can not honestly imagine my life with out my best friend and in a few months life events will possibly be taking us in different directions.  I am so sad out of my mind over this. I have not ever cheated nor want to cheat, but by the same token I dont think I am being a very good wife right now either.  I want to talk to my friend about this but am afriad it will ruin our friendship or our marriages. So for now I keep it in, venting to strangers hoping someone out there has been through something similar.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JanellovesJJ
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:33 PM

this is probably not what u want to hear but i think u need to sit ur friend and husband down together. i think if u try it separately things will really get ugly. in this siuation honesty is the best policy

PaganMomma40
by on May. 23, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I honestly think that you should just let things happen as they will. If life takes your friend in a different direction then so be it. You have to think..."do I really want to hurt someone I love"? You love him and you love your husband or this wouldn't be such a burden on you. Sometimes there are things we are just not supposed to do. What about your friends wife? How would you feel if it were the other way around and you found out your dh loved his best friend? Could you ever trust them together again? Wouldn't you wonder every day about their real feelings for you? I think sometimes you just have to let sleeping dogs lie. You would be unburdening yourself but your best friend and dh would be carrying that burden then. Good luck to you and I hope it works out for the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)