Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Relationship disaster and a new baby

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 230 Total Views
My ex and I have been together off and on for almost 4 years and now we have an 8 month old son, it's seems like all we do anymore is fight or argue then have sex :( We talked about getting married before I got pregnant but then I got pregnant and our relationship took a downward spiral, as my pregnancy advanced the worse we got. We ended up breaking up when I was 5 months pregnant because all we did was fight all the time and he was never around for any of my pregnancy. He was there when our son was born and we got back together but I ended it because I felt like he was only with me for our son, we've tried since then to make it work but I can't shake the feeling that he's just doing it for our baby. I don't know what to do anymore, I love him so much but I want us to be married and be a real family, he's almost 2 hours away and it's horrible for him and me because our son lives with me and my ex travels all the time for work so he misses so much and even when he's home he's missing out :( and when our baby is with his dad I feel like I'm missing out. Because of past relationships I'm scared to lose him and I'm also scared to move on without him :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
melissam143
by New Member on May. 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM

thats tuff. when i got pregant our realtionship turned bad too. i wonder why that happens. We lost our baby at 6 months and it was HORRIBLE. were having super bad problems now and i dont think its fixable. i dont want to be without him and just like u said im scared to move on without him. we had so many plans and im just watching my future with my dreams and goals float away.

Clritter81
by New Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM
It really is hard and every day it gets harder, I'm like you with the watching my hopes ad dreams float away. I have my son but I'm doing it on my own the majority of the time because he's too busy with work or just because he lives so far away. I'm exhausted every day and if it wasn't for my son, I don't think I'd even crawl out of my bed :(
JanellovesJJ
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:22 AM

It does not sound like you need to be together at all desptie whether it is for the baby or otherwise. As far as your ex traveling and missing out take pics and send little shorts of your son doing things that you find precious or think he is missing out on. If you feel like you are missing out when he is with his dad then you two should find an activity where you can both interact with him and not one another. Or at least put yourself in the position to be civil towards one another.

P.S.--- I do not know what has happened in your past but I can tell you that a man does not validate you. You are the only one that can do that so maybe you should or could look in to some free counseling. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)