Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is cheating to you?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

My partner of 3 and a half years made the choice to reply to some sexual post  on craigslist. He has done this at least 3 or 4 times over the past 3 years. I don't know why but this time I left him. He has never had sex with another woman or given out his number and he gives me no reason why he has done this. Now I have friends who has had far worse done to them as far as having sex with other women one friends husband even got another woman pregnant twice yet she is still with him. I Love my parner a lot and I know he loves me,I am 4 months pregnant with his baby and i do miss our family. I wonder did I over react? I told him till he can understand why he keeps doing these things and can promise it won't happen again I don't want to be with him. We now live in different homes and we still help each other with the kids (the child I am having is our first child together). Is this cheating? Did I over react? What is cheating to other women?

by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SmilesDisco
by New Member on May. 16, 2014 at 4:45 PM

If you dont like it and cant except it.............................then it is. That simple.

OnFire2014
by New Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

To Me, Cheating is ANYTHING sexual or romantic towards someone other than the person we are in a relationship with.

However, if he really doesn't want your relationship to be over, really IS Sorry and willing to do better and work on things and you don't want things over--- have him get help. 

Tell him that if he gets into regular counceling, to find out WHY he does these things without understanding why he does them ( cuz if he understood why & could stop, there'd be no need for counceling and you two could just go your own ways )  and figured out how to get it under control - then you two can work on things.

You just need proof that he does want to stop, takes the problem seriously and you need to see him actually working on the issue ( showing up for counceling and putting forth and effort )

That's just my input 

**married 10.5 years with him 12 & been through some ROUGH stuff ( I was the cheater not him but not no more that's for sure and we are VERY,VERY Happy and in love :-) Going so strong. A truly commited and in love couple can work through anything and come out BETTER than before :-) 

Jenwheaton
by New Member on May. 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I hope this is the case at this point I have stepped back and trying to move on. I actually made the choice that I am taking my daugther and leaving for a few months to visit my mom. I see him alot and i just don't think it's healty for me all this stuff has really taken a toll on me. I made the choice that I am not going to nag, whatever he does he does it on his own without me pushing. I do't feel  you have to push people to do things for those they truly love. We are just going to see how it goes, I don't want to move on but I am perpared to and thats a big step for me.

startingover6
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2014 at 11:57 PM

In the bible (if you are christian) it says "If you look at a woman with lust, you have committed adultery in your heart."  I believe this statement.  It hurts when your partner takes something that is very intimate and shares that with someone else. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)