Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else withhold sex when they are mad?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 251 Total Views
I know this is wrong, but when me and my hubby fight I feel like I can't have sex for a few days after. He hates this and feels like I am taking my love away, which I am, but I just have to be pleased mentally before physically. Just wondering if anyone else does this too?

~*alisha rose*~

www.GoVeg.com

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Simone400
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 6:54 PM
I do. I have not had any in about 4 weeks.
Tova
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 9:11 AM
Alisha,
Actually I don't think this is wrong at all. Sex is an act of love and why would you want to to it with someone you were angry at?  
peaches643
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2007 at 3:26 PM

I'm the same way.  And I've been married for 24 years.  I have never gotten over old emotional scars from when he has been very mean to me.  He even used to shout at me he hated me.  He has said many things to hurt me.  I eventually completely lost all attraction to him.  We are still together, I don't really know if other couples are like this, but I can't be the only one.  Our only child is getting married in November, I think our marriage may collapse after that.  I've been a stay at home mom all these years.  It isn't going to be easy.  He has refused marriage counseling the LAST time I tried to convince him to go.  Some times out marriag is ok, as long as things are going his way. But if they aren't, he blames everything that goes on in his life on me, he finds a way to turn it around to me.  He is now flirting with other women on the lnternet.  I have never cheated on him.  I dunno ... we'll see.

hmmm, guess I didn't help much huh
7werdna
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 12:15 PM
 I don't know if I would call it witholding, but I will say that I definately can't have sex with someone who I am not on the same page with emotionally.  I am not interested in sex if I am sad, hurt, angry, upset.  I honestly think men and women are different when it comes to sex.   I sometimes think that my husband wants sex when he knows I am upset to reassure him that I still love him.  I refuse to do it just to shut him up or make him happy.  If I am not in to it it's not happening.
2gr-ategurls
by on Oct. 18, 2007 at 9:56 PM
  yes I do this also.  I agree with other moms if my heart and emotions are not in it I just can't do it (mentally as well as physically).  My husband thinks that once you argue and walk away, it's over and we should act as if it never happened.  Not I, I can hold on for months just because he acts as if I'm the crazy one to hold on to it and allow it to affect every area of our lives.
ilovepurses105
by on Dec. 9, 2007 at 5:43 PM
YES I DO THE SAME THING WE FIGHT EVERYDAY SO WE NEVER REALLY HAVE SEX=(
lovemom4
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 9:07 PM
Your not alone, I do it to. It's like another lady said, "How are you suppost to give yourself completely if your angry at him"? My husband gets mad at me for it, but I try to tell him I can't be turned on with just a flip of a switch. For me I need to be emotionally into it first. and if I'm mad forget it! Good Luck !!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)