Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Night wakings...HELP!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 311 Total Views

Okay ladies, I need some advice! I have a daughter, 17 mo, expecting another girl due mid Sept. My toddler has always had a lil trouble sleeping but we do cry it out for naps and bedtime, she cries for about 10 mins then goes to bed. Lately, she's been waking up between 1-3 and crying. We have a video monitor so we see her stand up screaming throwing things out of her crib and all that. My husband says we do cry it out. Well after 2 nights of her crying nearly 2 hours, I don't think that's the way to go. I've tried to just go in and not talk to her and rub her back a little but she just screaming and tries to climb up me. I'm at the end of my rope. I don't know what to do about this. I'm exhausted from trying to find a solution. I'm so worried that come September she's still going to be doing this and then we'll have 2 kiddos awake nearly all night. Please, any advice would be so appreciated!!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ashcoyle
by Group Owner on May. 24, 2009 at 8:40 PM

kamerin will sometimes do this, but she will just come to our room and crawl in bed with us. it doesn't happened everyday, maybe like once a week. and sometimes she'll just wake up cry a lil and go right back to sleep. i feel at this point. if she can walk thru a pitch black house and come to our room , she must really need us. i think they are just going thru a stage right now where they want their independence, but in reach of us being there when they need us.

miss_me
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:44 PM

DD has been waking up sometimes in the middle of the night too.  Since she won't just go back to sleep in her crib we've just been bringing her into bed with us and she'll generally go right to sleep.  It sucks since she tosses and turns so much, but I guess as long as we all get some sleep then we deal with it.  I have a 7 week old and still doing the same thing with my 17 month old.  Our 7 week old's crib is in our room.  Luckily, the newborn's cries don't wake DD up at all and I can just grab him, bring him into bed and feed him with no problems.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

MaMaLaLa369
by Member on May. 26, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Lexi will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, too- and we have a baby girl due in September too! anyway, Lexi has a blankie and bunny she sleeps with, so if she wakes up and is still crying after a few minutes, i go in and pick her up with teh bunny and blankie. it usually just takes a minute or so to calm her down, then i say, "it's time to go ni-night. here's bunny and blankie" and lay her back down. she has been the best baby for us- she always goes back to sleep. when she initially goes to bed, doing that is part of our nighttime ritual too, so it's almost liek i'm just reinforcing that it's bedtime for her. maybe whatever is your nighttime ritual you can work into helping her go back to sleep- just nothing that might keep her up, like reading a book (cos you'd have to turn on the light for that). but maybe if there's a song she likes, kisses and cuddles, etc that you do when putting her down she'll know that it's bedtime and she needs to go to sleep. good luck! i'm having more trouble during naptime everyday- which is my naptime too! darn sunlight ruins everything!  

Group Admin- MOMSLOM, MOMSLOM SE Corridor
Group Owner- VA MOMSLOM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)