Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Letter Sample

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 1:34 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 240 Total Views
Here is the letter that I wrote. Anyone is welcome to copy and paste and customize it to fit their own community.

I, like most new mom's, and terrified of the current world we live in. There are many things that parents have to be aware of in order to keep their children safe, but when there are peope working against that very effort, the job becomes tireless, around the clock and even a little suffocating. I am speaking of course about child predators, they could be anyone and we just don't have enough safeguards. There are now supposed to be websites and information so that we know what kind of a threat our local communities are in, but the information is not complete, nor does it transfer between states. One example from my town, Cottage Grove, is that there was a card shop located here. A shop that offered a place to kids who like to place card games, video games and etc. to come and hang out. My husband's 14 year old brother hung out down there almost every day. Through a set of circumstances that I am not quite aware of, the attention of this shop owner was brought to police and when investigated police found that the man had moved up here to hide from child sex abuse charges from California. How is it that the man can come here, completely under the radar, and open a shop on Main St FOR KIDS! This is unacceptable!

Please take a moment to look at the following post, at a mom community that I am a member of:

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=61513&edited=1

So, what I wish to know is this: How can we create better communication between states about known/suspected child predators? How can we create and put into action better bail laws surrounding child predators? Are there fingerprint requirements for ANYONE who works with or plans to work with minors? And if no, WHY NOT? Can we create a better system for people to know who is living in their community?

Please help me come up with strong answers to these questions, so that we may make the world a safer place for our children. I thank you for your time and service to our great state. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 1:34 PM
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)