Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Answer Our Own Questions

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 1:39 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 299 Total Views
We need to answer our own questions and get the ball rolling. Help me to come up with ideas for the following quesitons?

1. How can we create better communication between states about known/suspected child predators?

2. Can we create a better way to know who is living in our communities?

3. We need fingerprinting for anyone working with or planning to work with minors?

4. How can we create and put into action better bail laws for those be investigated and prosecuted on child predator charges?

Alright, ladies, let's get started...
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tiredtripletmom
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 10:50 AM
1. How can we create better communication between states about known/suspected child predators? Have a national database for them, much like the Missing Children one, but for the predators. Each state has a website for convicted sexual offenders, but no national one that I am aware of. I think one should be created for missing offenders, the ones that move and don't register. 2. Can we create a better way to know who is living in our communities? There are several areas to go for the information, but they don't all match. I think the government should use a better system, including a map with flags for where they are located. This should include neighboring states within 25-50 miles. I live in a tri-state area and it is difficult to know who is in my back yard. 3. We need fingerprinting for anyone working with or planning to work with minors? I think so, yes. That should be included in the background searches for employment, even coaches and volunteer jobs (Girl Scouts, etc.) ANYONE working with minors. They should make it a practice to research them online, too - see if any blogs/posts come up with questionable material. 4. How can we create and put into action better bail laws for those be investigated and prosecuted on child predator charges? I don't think they should get bail because they are such high flight risks, but that is way in the future. That would violate the innocent until proven guilty, I think. Their bail should be high enough to make it difficult for them to get out and their activity monitored, during bail, no contact/volunteering with minors, etc. That's a start for me. I'll look up some state laws now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)