Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VBA3C!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 6:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 858 Total Views

just thought this might be encouraging to some women.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/12/16/ep.vbac.birth.at.home/index.html

Lilypie - (epui)
Lilypie - (gj34)

by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Roadfamily6now
by Group Admin on Dec. 16, 2010 at 8:51 PM

thank you for shaing! It breaks my heart that this women had to fight and finally just say "screw' the medical establishment and have a homebirth. (not that homebirths are bad but that hospitals should allow them!)

truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Quoting Roadfamily6now:

thank you for shaing! It breaks my heart that this women had to fight and finally just say "screw' the medical establishment and have a homebirth. (not that homebirths are bad but that hospitals should allow them!)

agreed

midwifebethany
by Member on Dec. 17, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Add your thoughts in the comments section of the article... more women need to know that VBAC--and VBAmC--is a viable option.

Kari78
by Member on Dec. 17, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Saw that...she's awesome!  Although the story was extremely annoying in asking if she was a "danger," and all the quotes from the docs.  I guess they think they're being "balanced," but I'd call it "obnoxious," lol.

cowgirlsmommy
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 3:20 PM
Thank you for sharing this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
530momof2
by Member on Dec. 20, 2010 at 2:07 AM

Quoting midwifebethany:

Add your thoughts in the comments section of the article... more women need to know that VBAC--and VBAmC--is a viable option.

I agree I started to type up a comment but I was so annoyed by some of the comments I just had to walk away before I tried to write a book lol, but no matter what is said you can not change everyone's mind unfortunately.

midwifebethany
by Member on Dec. 21, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I hear you! I eventually had to quit looking at the comments because I was getting so worked up about it...

One thing that encouraged me to keep commenting was realizing that there are a lot of women who won't comment, but might be swayed by the information in the comments--and if I can offer a "cookie crumb trail" to evidence-based information, maybe it would make a difference for them.

Bethany Wagler, CPM
http://www.preciousbeginningsmidwifery.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)