Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's meet each other!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:00 AM
  • 54 Replies
  • 1162 Total Views

Here is where to tell a bit about yourself.  We can all share what brought us here!

I should start then, I suppose!

I'm Kaycee.  I'm a stay at home mom of 4 who lives in CO with my amazing teacher husband.  We share a passion for making a difference.  I started this group to reach other "green-minded" moms who would like to make a difference.  I have a chance to save moms money AND show them how to go green, and I'm very excited about that.  I also look forward to continuing to show other moms how they can lighten their family's carbon foot print, show others how to do the same, and make money at the same time. 

OK, now it is your turn!

: )  Kaycee
The Earth is a precious resource filled with precious resources . . . including our children.  Let's learn to preserve one for the other.

-Visit my blog:
   http://www.mammaontheedge.blogspot.com
-Go GREEN and shop my online store here www.KayceeShop.com
-Join our
GREEN group at cafemom:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/gogreen101 
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
energygirl
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 10:30 AM
My name is Kelly, and I too am a mom that works from home.  I have a daughter that is 13 months, and we are expecting our second in April.  I have always cared about the earth (and my own health), but it was intensified when I taught Environmental Education in Texas for 4 1/2 years.  I spent my summer's as a backpacking guide in Colorado, teaching low impact camping, and environmental stewardship.  Now, as a mother, I have grown in my awareness of using products that are safe for my daughter, and our families health.  It's about the earth, and my family really. 
zimbee
by Group Owner on Sep. 17, 2007 at 3:46 PM
Kelly,

So great to meet you!  Welcome and thanks for posting your intro.  Would you be willing to create a post with some low-impact camping tips for all of us?  I would be VERY interested to hear.  I think we're going to be doing some camping next summer.

: ) Kaycee
The Earth is a precious resource filled with precious resources . . . including our children.  Let's learn to preserve the one for the other.

Josef1129
by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 2:09 PM
Hello!  My name is Crystal and I am a SAHM to my one and only miracle child, Josef who will be 4 in November.  I will be celebrating my 4yr wedding anniversary next month to my highschool sweetheart (we have been together for going on 10yrs). 

We decided to go green after seeing how much healthier Josef is already-he is my organic man, as he has severe intolerances to gluten and casein.  I suffer from bi-polar and have been reading on how going organic and eating healthier (cutting out casein and even gluten) can really help with the symptoms. 

So, my first thing I stated is cutting out all milk products.  I have a severe allergy to mushrooms, and when I eat or drink milk, I have started becoming very sick afterwards. 

I am interested especially in cleaning products and laundry supplies. Josef has extremly sensitive skin so anything chemical free has always been welcome in my laundry room, but I want to go "greener"!

zimbee
by Group Owner on Sep. 18, 2007 at 4:10 PM
Welcome to the group, Crystal.  Glad to have you here!  I hope you'll look around at the different resources available here.  And I'll keep adding to it as we grow!  Looking forward to getting to know youbetter.  We have also dealt with food allergies in my house as well, so we could start a thread about that anytime too! 

: ) Kaycee

daisygreenii
by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 9:16 PM
Hello everyone!  It's great to meet some other moms with the same interests as my own!  I too am huge into helping the environment, our family recycles, reduces, and reuses, we also use non-toxic and natural cleaning products, we also have begun to cut back as much as possible with driving when not needed, we live in MI so bike riding is only a summer thing mainly but we hop on bikes when we can.  I also am in the process of changing over my families haircare, and personal products to all natural chemical free products.  As far as food, we haven't made many changes YET, but I am interested in going gluten free and cutting back on dairy, so any moms with information about that I would love to hear it!!!  I also wanted to share with you ladies that I am a Independent distributor for Shaklee and I sell their terrific line of natural cleaners, check them out.... www.GreenWayToClean.com if any of you are interested just ask me and I can send you a free sample!  I love sharing them with other moms because they have changed my life so much for the better!!  Anyway, I can't wait to learn some new ways of helping the environment, and any time I learn something new I will be sure to share it with you!!!  Take care! 

Melodie Johnson 
Shaklee Distributor and Global Ambassador
NaturalMommy@Hotmail.com
Visit my Websites for more information!
www.NaturalMommyBiz.com

www.GreenWayToClean.com
Interested in having your own home based business?
www.Shaklee.net/MelodieJohnson/distIntro
Check out Shaklee's Get Clean on The Oprah Show April 20th:
www.Shaklee.net/pws/library/flash/GetClean-tv2.html

rabbitandeor
by on Oct. 25, 2007 at 7:26 PM
Hi!  I am a divorced mom of 2.  My daughter is out on her own and has blessed me with 3 adorable grandsons.  I have a teen son at home.  We do recycle and have been trying to reduce - thank you flybabies!  I am sure we aren't doing nearly what we could or should, but that is why I'm here!  I hope to start making more small and gradual changes so they become lifestyle changes and not some fly by night trial.

zimbee
by Group Owner on Oct. 26, 2007 at 2:28 AM
Great to have you here, Debbie!  There are some fabulous moms here with awesome tips and resources.  Please explore.  I think you'll find some great ideas on how to continue your already positive direction in the GREEN area!

I look forward to finding out more about how we can help each other continue on our paths to making as great a difference as we can, one step at at time.

The Earth is a precious resource filled with precious resources . . . including our children.  Let's learn to preserve one for the other.

Visit my blog:

Go GREEN and shop my online store here www.KayceeShop.com

Join our GREEN group at cafemom: 

gunny
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 9:05 AM
My path to greenerville started by way of vegetarianism.  Animal testing is nothing I want to be part of!  Now that I have a baby, I want to be an even better person and do as much as I can to help make a difference for her future on Mother Earth.  I have a long way to go, I'll admit, but I am on the right path.
zimbee
by Group Owner on Oct. 27, 2007 at 11:51 AM
Melody & "Gunny",
Welcome to Go Green 101!  We are happy to have you both here with your own experience and take on the whole idea of going green.  I look forward to hearing more from both of you!

Visit my blog:

Go GREEN
and shop my online store here www.KayceeShop.com

Join our
GREEN group at cafemom:

shakleemom4
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2007 at 2:06 PM
Hi, my name is Camille Larkin and I am a mother to 2 wonderful energetic little boys and wife to a wonderful husband, David..  We live in Georgia just northeast of Atlanta.  Our sons are Todd(5)and Cameron(3).  We both work full time and are also Shaklee distributors.  Since finding Shaklee and eliminating our sons eczema, we have become more conscious of the environment and how chemicals effect us and the world around us.

I know we do not do everything we can, but as it was mentioned in an earlier post, I need it to be a life style change not just fly by night on a whim. 

Look forward to hearing more ideas of going green. For a healthier you, check the link below.

To a Healthy YOU,
David and Camille Larkin
678-714-7696 home or 678-480-4262 cell 
Oprah uses “Get Clean”…right click and open to see video

www.shaklee.net/camille
www.cinchplan.com/camille Amazing new weight/inch loss plan!
3 minute call: (925) 924-3030
www.shaklee.net/camille/getclean Awesome new product launch!
3 minute call: (925)924-3000 
Why choose a Shaklee Business?
3 minute call (925) 924-3333  
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)