Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me with my crying 5 year OLd!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:25 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 216 Total Views
As my title states, my 5 year old cries a t the drop of a hat, and screams at the top of her lungs when things don't go "her" way.  No, I do not give into her, and that is why I really don't understand this behavior.  I am starting to think that she has some kind of mental problem.  My days off are almost ruined b/c of this behavior.  I don't like being angry or yelling at her to stop.  She was colicky as an infant, and I joke that she still is, b/c I FEEL HELPLESS when she acts this way.  She makes everyone miserable, including Grandparents.  I have a 17 month old, but Kaitlyn has been doing this since before Allissa was born.  It has escalated I am sure, but definitely not new.  My maternity leave was se again b/c of this behavior, and I am so close to asking Nanny Jo to come to my house.  My husband doesn't know how to deal either, and spanks her.  Then she cries harder, and she is FINE... so that reinforces his punishment which I don't like.  I don't know how to help her.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LaRock
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:30 PM
          My daughter was miserable and come to find out she had migraines on top of asthma.  I would have the doc take a look just to be safe.  She may be having trouble getting her feelings across and is frusterated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)