Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seperation anxiety! On the verge of a meltdown here!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:56 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 190 Total Views
My son is 10 months old now. He used to be able to play for hours by himself! For the past two months, he has refused to let me put him down. He's been so clingy! I try to put him in his room to play for 15 min in the morning while I do my hair and makeup, and he stands at the door banging and screaming to the point of hyperventilating! Have any of you dealt with this behavior before?! What did you do to help it, or does it never end?!

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
dragonfly06
by on Aug. 9, 2007 at 4:30 PM

All kids go through cycles of 'needing' to be right with or by mommy. Give him what he needs and the need will go away. My little one is 13mo and he cycles too. When he gets clingy, I give him the extra attention and before I know it, he's off doing his own thing again.
When I get ready for the day, I let him come into the bathroom with me. I give him stuff to play with and tell him that he's going to play while mommy gets ready. (the bathroom stuff is only used while in the bathroom, then it's more like a treat for him. I take it away when we leave the room.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)