• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cowboy party

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 3:12 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 189 Total Views
I'm having a cowboy themed party for my son's first birthday. Any ideas?
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
aggiemomma
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2007 at 1:34 PM
I had a 'Buckaroo Birthday' for my 2 yr old.  I used lots of bandanas, tin 'buckets' or baskets to hold things like chips or good bags.  Old cowboy boots with balloons  or cowboy hats on the table are cute decorations.  A couple of square bails of hay sittng around...I also got about 3 'frig' cardboard boxes and spray painted them black & brown and stenciled "BANK",  SALOON, and JAIL in big white letters on the tops...I also cut 'swinging' doors and windows in the boxes...the kids LOVE this.  Another thing I did was I blew up and traced off with an overhead projector a Precious Moments cowboy playing a guitar.  I painted him and cut his 'face' out and had the children stick their face in their and I took everyones picture.  I had cakes make in the shape of stars and horseshoes.    I also made myself a shirt with a picture of my son all dressed up like a cowboy and it said, WANTED:  Momma's Lil' Buckaroo  I made my son a  shirt too and his had the 'theme' cowboy on it with his name on t he front and Birthday Buckaroo on the back.  I made some 'candy bags' with the same theme and magnets.I think that's about it...hope that helps.

mommieof2boys14
by Group Owner on Feb. 26, 2007 at 4:21 PM
How cute!!! I love all of that. I've been trying to come up with a cake idea. That was so cute. Great job!!! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who goes a little over the top with my kids parties:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)