Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help planning a bridal shower!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:05 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

My best friend is getting married and I am the matron of honor in her wedding.  In early September, I will be hosting a bridal shower for her.  I want to have a very nice, classy shower with as little chesse-factor as possible!  Any ideas?  Thanks!
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
iluvcallalilies
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:34 PM
I threw a shower for as a brunch. We played two games:

Wedding Pictionary: Use a dry erase board, divide into two teams, set a timer and award points for each one correctly guessed. I made cards in advance of what they were to draw and it all involved a wedding (i..e Movie: "Father of the Bride" or "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers", Flower Girl, Ball and Chain, etc.)

The Almost-Newlywed Game: I came up with 20 questions and asked the groom (in advance) for answers... ranging from easy "Where was your first date?" to a bit harder "What is the bride's favorite salad dressing?"  Then, I had the guests guess how many they would agree on (the closest would get a doorprize). We then asked the bride- to- be the questions and scored each matching answer. There were many laughs at the answers. None of the questions were humilating, but it was interesting.

For food, I served brunch stuff: Quiche, fruit salad, mini-muffins, cheese cubes, juice, coffee cake

She opened gifts, we had a party favor for each guest (Target had mini-boxes that we filled with candy.. the boxes said "for better or worse", etc.). Decor was solid papergoods in the wedding colors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)