• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can anyone help this dog before it's too late (PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:59 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 323 Total Views

I was just taken a peak through Petfinder.com and I found this poor dog who is in a high kill shelter. Makes me so sad to see this. So I thought I would post this and see fi someone could help.

XXX URGENT BUSTER

Boxer, Great Dane [Mix]

Extra Large Young Male Dog

Nice Dog Rescue, Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Click on thumbnail
to enlarge

Boxer Picture Boxer Picture
Printer friendly Enlarge photo

More About XXX URGENT BUSTER

2-10-9 XXX URGENT * EUTH SOON SC HIGH KILL SHELTER How cute is this giant sweetheart, Officers asking for help bec Buster is so nice CALL 609-513-7576 Adoption fee is spay-neuter etc & transport fees only approx $250-280, rescues transport fee only application right here to save time ******Nice Dog Rescue****** ********Adoption Application******** This completed questionaire will help us to determine the very best companion for you, your family, your lifestyle and your environment. It is necessary that we find the correct furever home for every rescued companion animal in our program. Completing this questionaire will help us to determine the personality, temperament and energy level of the animal who would best suit your needs. An incomplete application WILL be DISCARDED! Date: Pet interested in:___________________ 1. Name of applicant: Spouse/partner's name: 2. Address: City, State, & zip: 3. How long at this address: 4. Telephone #s:(h) (w) (c) 5. Email address: 6. With whom are you employed: Occupation: 7. With whom is your spouse /partner employed: Spouse/partner's occupation: 8. # of children living in this household: Their ages: 9. What type of environment do you live in: Rural____Suburb____City____ 10. What type of housing do you live in: Apt___House___Duplex___Other____ 11. Do you own or do you rent: 12. (a)If you rent, do you have permission from your landlord to own a companion animal: under 25lbs? over 25lbs? (b) Name and telephone(s)# of landlord: 13.(a) What other dogs/cats have you previously owned & what happened to them? (b)What other dogs/cats live in your home, currently:(list their breed, sex, age, & if spayed/neutered): 14. Are there any other types of animals in your home(if so, describe): 15.(a) What do you know about the breed in question: (b) Are there any specific habits or problems that you are not willing to work with: 16. Do you have any preferences to the sex of the animal: M F No pref 17. How did you hear about our rescue/who referred you to us: 18.(a) Do you have a fenced-in yard: (b) height of fence: dimentions of fenced area: (c) Please, describe your fence(need: type of materials, construction, size of holes, etc: (d) What type of gates(chain-link, wooden,etc): (e) Can they be opened by children: (f) If you don't have a fenced-in yard, how will the animal be exercised and be allowed to elliminate: (g) Do you have a swimming pool: Is it fenced-in separately from the rest of the yard: 19. What member of the family will be taking the MAJOR responsibility for the care of this animal: 20.a. Does anyone in your family have allergies to ANY animal: b. Has anyone in the household ever had a problem with violence, or impulse control? If so, please explain: 21. What are your plans for this animal: (a) protection/guard:______ (b)companion:______(c)child's pet:_____(d)pet therapy:_____ (e) agility/flyball:_____(f)obedience:______ (g)herding:______ (h) ranchwork_____ (i)other(explain): 22.(a) Have you ever trained a dog in obedience classes: (b) Will you take your adopted dog to an obedience class:Y____N___ 23. Will the animal live in the home: If not, where: 24. What shelter will be provided outside: 25. Where, exactly, will this animal sleep at night, & be kept when there is no one at home: 26.(a) On average, how long will the animal be left alone during the day: (b) What is the activity level of your household: _____busy-visits by friends, meetings, children, parties at home _____noisy-TV, stereo, machinery, tools, kids playing _____moderate-normal comings and goings _____quiet-homebodies, few guests 27. Do you believe in dog crates? If so, for what purposes? 28. If you should move, what will you do with your companion animal(CA): 29. When you go on holiday, where eactly will your CA go & who will care for it: 30. Who is the veteranarian you use(please, provide ALL info): name: address: telephone #: 31. How will your animal travel to the vet, or other places(car, van, in the back of a truck?): 32. May we call your vet regarding your previous/current pet's health care? If not, why? 33. Are you willing to allow an NDR's rep to visit your home: If not, why: 34. List names and telephone numbers, plus email addresses of 2 personal references (NOT related to you), whom you have known for at least 3 years: 1: 2: 35. If you are disabled and should have any special needs, please specify to help us find the BEST companion for you and your needs: 36: What, if any, arrangements have you made in case you can not care for your companion animals, such as an extended hospitalization stay, or sudden death? 37. For what reason would you give away a pet? 38. Please, tell us a little about yourself and why you feel you could provide a good home for a rescued companion animal: By signing this application, I attest to the fact that I am 18 years of age or older, and that the above information provided is correct: spouse/partner's signature: Please complete application and send to: nicedogrescue@yahoo.com

Dogs in Hot Cars

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)