Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello and Welcome!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:45 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 676 Total Views
Hello everyone! I got the idea to start this group while looking at another mommy's page and noting that her child had eczema. My 8 year old daughter, Abbie, has been battling eczema since she was 6 mos old. She has a really bad case, one of the worst that our dermatologist has seen.
A little about me.. 
I am a Registered Nurse. I've been working Pediatrics for 5 years. I'm not an expert by any means, but I look at situations not only through a mother's eyes, but a nurse's as well.
Please feel free to chat about anything you like. This is not only a place for questions and answers, but a support group of sorts as well. Welcome to everyone who enters! I look forward to getting to know you!

Krista & Girls

Krista & Girls

Dealing with eczema? Visit:  www.cafemom.com/group/eczemasupport

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommykc
by on Dec. 29, 2007 at 12:19 AM
My son has eczema i think. His pedetrician says that is what it looks like to him. I made a appointment at a dermatologist regarding it. I switched detergent on him and us. i switched his baby wash. Im putting on cortizone and I just started it. Any other suggestions? Please Help!
LavenderMom23
by on Jul. 14, 2008 at 4:09 PM
My three year old has eczema. I am currently trying to explore the possibility of a milk allergy.
WillaKaye
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2008 at 6:16 AM
Until my son was about three and a half months he had a weird rash but it was gone by his first doctors appt. so I never asked my doctor about it. About three weeks ago I noticed his skin getting the "rash" again and it got bad this time so I took him to the doctor and he said it was eczema which runs in the family so it didn't really surprise me but it has gotten so bad in the last couple of weeks. I have went down to a bath every other night and baby oil, aveno baby lotion, and johnson and johnson moisturizing baby wash w/baby lotion. It has helped a little but its still bad. The doctor told me benadryel for the itching and Tylenol for the pain. Is there anything else to try cause I dont want him on any medicine or anything. thank you for any help
turtleby2
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2008 at 2:54 PM

My 4yo son has eczema and has had it since he was about 3 mos. He can only wear 100% cotton (he has no food allergies). The best advice is to keep the skin moisturized- even when there is no outbreak! Aquaphor is a little greasy, but great! You have to be careful with conventional lotions as they are thin, contain alcohol and sometimes perfume (especially most baby lotions), and are not really as moisturizing as they claim to be. Go for the thicker creams, like Eucerin, Aquaphor. I've tried topical flaxseed oil and it works a little, but not enough. Stay away from most soaps, especially liquid soaps as they can dry the skin and contain perfume which can be irritating. Unscented Dove (bar soap) is great; Burts Bees has a great liquid hand soap. With my allergist's recommendation, I'm going to explore giving my child fish oil (in capsules) starting this weekend as fatty oils and Omega-3s and 6s are good for the skin (we're going to try internal treatment rather than just topical).

JuJu58
by on Nov. 29, 2008 at 12:11 AM

My 13 month old has a mild case of eczema that usually flares up in the winter time.  I'm here to learn more about it and what can be done to make my son comfortable.

AntzMumi430
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Hey, Im Juanita mam to 21 mth old Anthony. I took him to the doctors about six months ago becuz virtually overnight he got these big like inch in diameter red dry splotches all over his body. I figured it was exzema but wasnt sure becuz he didnt seem itchy and it wasnt in creases like everyone I know. Anyways Doc confirmed it and said its most likely caused by food allergy...6 mths later and I still have no clue what the food allergy is...

I keep it under control thanx to a switch in laundry detergent and frangrance and soap free baby wash, lotions ect...

What's ur favorite hobbies?

"Tv, Junk Food, Sex.......why cant junk food be a hobby?!"

Forrest Griffin-UFC    

tikiroomom
by on Mar. 18, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Hi KristaB.

I am a mom of 4 wonderful kids and had battled eczema on my hands most of my 25 year career as a hairdresser. My 11 year old son had it really bad as a baby - mostly on his back. I hated to lay him down to change his diaper! His ENTIRE back was covered. He eventually grew out of it.

A few years back I "accidently" got rid of mine with a juice product called XanGo. It went away within one week of using the product - started seeing it disappear in 3 days. My son had an outbreak so I had him use it and his went away also and ours has not returned.

I do hair at assisted living centers and care centers and gave a bottle to an elderly lady who had eczema most of her life - it too went away.

I just gave my last bottle to another hairdresser for her eczema because none of the treatments from her dermatologist worked for her.

I no longer sell XanGo but if you could find a good rep. you may see some incredible results.

Tikiroomom

Nunusmama06
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Hi I'm new to this group! My name is Emeli and I have a 3 year old daughter named Hanna. Hanna has had eczema for the past 2 1/2 years. She does have days when it is bad but I think I might have it under control for now. I have found that fast showers help. Hanna enjoys a bath so I would let her take a good 5 minute bath until I noticed her skin was so dry right afterwards, so I started giving her showers. Another tip that I found that works for her is after I wash her with the eczema wash I rinse her off and oil her up with baby oil then I rinse that off and towel dry... A good rub down with some lotion and she is good to go for a little while until the scratchies come back!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)